Curmudgeon from Richmond, Tx.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husker

Reaction score
From Houston area.

Got started in back '60. Bought my first pipe at Cliffs in Lincoln, Nebraska while in college. Gave them up about 40 years ago. Started back last year. Found most of my pipes I had pickled away after being boxed for all that time. Also a heavy duty cigar smoker. Belong to several cigar forums. Was a FOG on 3 of them in newbie sampler trades.

Recognize the name of the brewermeister here who used to post on H.P. - they miss you over there.

Welcome husker. Glad you made it here. Yes I recognize you from the other site. Hope you enjoy your time here. It's full of friendly and helpful folks.

jstan knows you I believe, he's from Houston. And a good bud of mine.

Cheers,

RR

Haven't seen Jim in a while. We used to have a herf in Houston once a month, but that ended a few years ago. He used to bring his guitar to them. Also brought his wife a few times.

husker":jwxy2epa said:
Haven't seen Jim in a while. We used to have a herf in Houston once a month, but that ended a few years ago. He used to bring his guitar to them. Also brought his wife a few times.

I've been in touch with Jim pretty regular. He retired a while back and is now enjoying himself. In fact he and Pam visited me a few years ago. Helluva good guy.

Cheers,

RR

Welcome to the BoB forums husker! Every time I am in Lincoln I think about checking out Cliff's Pipe Shop, but haven't gotten around to it yet. From the pics I saw on the internet, it looks like THE local tobacconist to visit.

Howdy Husker, welcome to BoB!

Don't know if you've ever made it to the Houston Pipe Club meetings, but if not then we'd love to have ya! We meet at Stogies World Class Cigars on Westheimer the first Friday of every month, starting around 6pm (a few of us usually stay up to or right around midnight, but feel free to come and go any time in-between).

See you smoke 5100, one of my favorite tobaccos. Good stuff.