Current "High Grade" (handmade) Kaywoodies?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
riff raff":x7bzye52 said:
Nice, that is a great blast and shape.  Park Lane still has that POY Rhodesian in a natural blast.  I keep looking at it, but it is close to 100 grams, which is too big for my use.  It just looks so awesome. (And still on sale)

what is the weight range of your four?
That POY Rhodesian is a good looking pipe. Does look a little weighty to clench but for me those quarter bents make good chinrester/dangling pipes.

The handmade pictured above is 57g. The little pear I have is 23g. The military mounts are 42g (billiard), 29g (billiard), 34g (pot) and 30g (pear).  Also have a "Setter" pipe, similar to the Dunhill Don style, that's a near match to a few Kaywoodies I've seen and I'm suspecting may be a Kaywoodie just unmarked which clocks in at 25g.

Nice, anything bent around fifty grams is my sweet spot. Thanks for sharing

I finally purchased a Kaywoodie for myself. This one is a 2005 Pipe of the Year. I handled it two and a half years ago at the Park Lane shop in Albany and was surprised to still find it available on their web page last week. This is a big one, at 86 grams but smaller proportion wise than my old Castello G-Sea Rock Bulldog. The fit, finish and even draw compares quite favorably to my Castello's.

Christen that beautiful Kaywoodie today, YOUR BIRTHDAY, and you'll always remember the event Birthday Boy!!!!
I wish you many more.

I've seen several of those Handmades that Andy has and agree these are Best Buys in the high grade world. Andy's 2008 POY impressed me so much I sorted through several at the KW Holiday party and nabbed a black blast. One of my best puffers for sure. That Rhody Al got is tempting me to seek one out this December.

hp
les

riff raff":qghiffuj said:
I finally purchased a Kaywoodie for myself.  This one is a 2005 Pipe of the Year.  I handled it two and a half years ago at the Park Lane shop in Albany and was surprised to still find it available on their web page last week.  This is a big one, at 86 grams but smaller proportion wise than my old Castello G-Sea Rock Bulldog.  The fit, finish and even draw compares quite favorably to my Castello's.  

WOW!!!!! This is one awesome pipe!!! Wish it was mine.

Congratulations on a beautiful piece of art.