D&R blends for RYO

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ozark Wizard":93f7sjcv said:
Zeno Marx":93f7sjcv said:
Do you think Stokkebye Turkish Export is topped with anything?  It's incredibly sweet on the lips.  So sweet that I'm curious what larger sized chunks of leaf would taste like in a chew.  It's like candy sweet.  
Where would one find that blend? My usual haunts are coming up dry....
aka Turkish 84. This was part of my Pipes & Cigars most recent debacle. Smoking Pipes only has the Norwegian blend. Not Turkish, Danish, or Amsterdam.

Zeno Marx":3xbbos4y said:
Ozark Wizard":3xbbos4y said:
Zeno Marx":3xbbos4y said:
Do you think Stokkebye Turkish Export is topped with anything?  It's incredibly sweet on the lips.  So sweet that I'm curious what larger sized chunks of leaf would taste like in a chew.  It's like candy sweet.  
Where would one find that blend? My usual haunts are coming up dry....
aka Turkish 84.  This was part of my Pipes & Cigars most recent debacle.  Smoking Pipes only has the Norwegian blend.  Not Turkish, Danish, or Amsterdam.
Gracias! :D

I have been smoking five of his tobaccos as of late, Three Sails, Two Timer, Cockstrong, Rimboche AB and Rimboche SJ. Fantastic tobacco. As of late, I have been married to Three Sails because the shag cut makes for a quick, rich & flavorful Virginia smoke that's bright, spicy and sweet. His Vapers are really good as well. Two Timer is one of the better straight burleys that I have come across. It's high quality and completely natural tasting. The double toasting process that Two Timer goes through creates a a sweeter smoke and a few nuances that any burley fan will likely appreciate.

This is a good interview with Mark Ryan. A little noisy but worth listening to.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zWt34lQGsS0" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Great interview with "Mr. Perique!!" I first met Mark years ago when I joined "TAPS" in Raleigh, NC. He was just a friendly, conversational guy. I had no idea who he "was" the first few times we talked; he's extremely unpresumptuous! One of the "good guys!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Thanks for that Chicago youtube interview. Great stuff. So much knowledge.

I was wondering about this idea of Three Sails being in a British style. Does that imply it is akin to something like Old Holborn?

old thread but great content.

2019 saw 3 Sails and Ramback Balkan added to my regular pipe rotation. Great blends!