Dad's pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
This is the only pipe I have that belonged to my dad. Don't know why he had it as he was an unfiltered Camels man until he switched to Salems later on, and then finally quit cold turkey at age 70 or so; said they got too expensive. The pipe was in his top dresser drawer for as long as I can remember; no idea where he got it or why as I never saw him smoke it. I never smoked it much either but I liked having it in the rack. It's stamped Frank (Wally Frank?) and French Briar. The brass trim is kind of unique I guess.

One day I picked it up and the stem literally disintegrated in my hand; it's been in a box in my desk ever since. I recently set it off to Mike Meyers for a new stem; he says he thinks the original was probably amber. He's trying to get as close as he can to the original look with a Lucite stem. I doubt I'll smoke it much but it will be nice to see it back in the rack.

dads%20pipe_zpsbjvwda2g.jpg

Auchts, that's a shame! Amber will do that over time though. Lucite will have the same look to it. Wonderful old piece too. Looks like the stem was threaded into the briar, is that true?

It's a pretty nifty pipe! I'm sorry about the stem... Mike should get it back up and running in no time!

I have three WDCs (William Demuth) with that brass/gold tone trim. Pipe is probably a century old. With the new stem, I'll bet it'll smoke pretty good...If that is your intention! Good luck!! :cheers: FTRPLT