Damned Rascal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas james

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
OK,

Who are you?

Post gal delivered a package today containing a 100 gr tin of McClelland 2007 Christmas Cheer and a well packed pint jar of 06 MF. I am sure the MF is Marlin Flake.

So who is it? There was a return address with a name, but few of us go by our actual name on the board. Some of us list our location by city and State; not this guy.

I doubled checked the memberlist and found several members from the State on the return address. Damn it.

One member listed his location in his profile by compass coordinates and state. Eg,,,,,,,,,South West Mississippi (example). Aha, a clue.

I searched the web for his city and determined it matched the "coordinates" given in the profile.

Naturally, it's a podunk city that does not show up on the state map.

So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,after a bit of piecing it all together,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I THINK I MAY know who it is. I am NOT certain mind you.

NO! I'm not saying who. Just THANKS!

Both blends are marvelous and will be enjoyed to the max.

HEY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

After a respectable period of time; when I think this is forgotten, I'll send a bomb to the return address. I WON"T put my name or return address on it and will arrange a postal stamp from who knows where. That'll learn the rascal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Yeah, that's what I'll do.

Thanks again Rascal!

In the same fashion, I am shipping off three tins of "stuff" to an individual who does not know he is being "bombed" by a Brother.

I know that there is a lot of this going on here,,,,,,,,,, :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Beware,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I know where you live!

tj

How come you don't get this excited when you are sent a pound of Erinmore or Walnut?

:D Paul

Slow Puffs":fxh26e1e said:
How come you don't get this excited when you are sent a pound of Erinmore or Walnut?

:D Paul
Thanks for asking that question Paul!

Seriously, that is awesome TJ! There are some great folks on this board!

Carlos":z55ff4os said:
There are other Podunkers here? :D
Daughter-in-law's people come from Robinson Il. I hear that is about as Podunk as it gets. She drags my poor son there every year. Pot luck dinner at the Grange on Staurday night has been a tradition since the civil war. They cook their asparagus until it's brown.

thomas james":nyejn8dk said:
OK, Who are you?
I believe I know who it is, and I ain't talkin!!

HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!!!!! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :tongue: :tongue: :bball: :bball:

:afro:

Finished off a 4 y/o Astley's 109 a few days ago and thought I'd dig into the 06 MF from "Rascal." MF is about as good a va as they come. Simply wonderful. 109 is a hard act to follow.

Thanks again Rascal!

:bounce:

thomas james":qawpuidi said:
Carlos":qawpuidi said:
Daughter-in-law's people come from Robinson Il. I hear that is about as Podunk as it gets. She drags my poor son there every year. Pot luck dinner at the Grange on Staurday night has been a tradition since the civil war. They cook their asparagus until it's brown.

Yep, that's purty Podunk.

The Podunk I am from was actually where Nonie and Gramp's lived. West side of Lincoln, IL, near the fairgrounds. I spent many of my days there. And nights. They were the old 1 and 2 room shacks from the old Chautauqua grounds. That people stayed in when they came to the Chautauqua. When they stopped, someone bought all the old shacks and moved them to town for a low rent area. Put them on concrete blocks and people had homes. They were small, but spacious compared to some.

Grandma Altman lived in a chicken coop and rented her big house. She lived across the alley from my grandparents. Honest to God chicken coop. Six sided tin structure. But the rent from her house allowed her to live and eat. Nice old lady. Not anyone's Grandma that I remember, but we called her that. She had the biggest goiter I ever saw.

Hard to recognize those old shacks now. They have been added onto so many times. Nobody had anything, so nothing was ever locked. Kids got fed by whomever had extra to cook. Everyone had huge gardens. I remember those days fondly. But they were hard times. Better during my lifetime. But Nonie and gramps had the old habit from the depression of using coffee grounds over and over until they were percolated white.

thomas james":456j2x4a said:
Carlos":456j2x4a said:
Pot luck dinner at the Grange on Staurday night has been a tradition since the civil war.
I miss Saturday night at the Grange Hall. Cover dish dinners, bluegrass and square dancing! I grew up in Randolph County, NC and we went to the Grange Hall in Farmer, NC on Saturday nights. Unfortunately the Grange Hall there has closed.

I know who the rascal is!

NA NA NA NA NA

Vengence is mine sayeth the capo.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

Oh,,Yeah!

I'm not just blowin smoke about how good Marlin Flake is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have 21 tins in stasis for the future.

You truly can have your cake and eat it too.

Thanks,,,Rascal!

The big jar is now open and I shall "focus" on it for the upcoming weeks.