Danish

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
A thought occurred to me while reading some reviews earlier...Pipers love Danish pipes, but hate Danish weed (yes a generalization, no need to tell me you are the one in a thousand that doesn't fit that). Thats really odd if you think about it. Ever wonder what the Danes smoke? I bet its Danish weed(another generalization) why else would it be popular enough to carry the name.

I chuckled when I thought of Sixten,Bo, etc etc etc puffin away on some Dane weed in their mega bucks pipes. The thought would send a lot of folk off the deep end.

Yet no one would freak if they heard of Rad,Mark,Brian etc etc smoking an American blend in one of their pipes... Odd don't ya think.

Bo liked McCrainies Red Ribbon and 5100.

Heeschen likes Red Virginias.

Eltang likes Orlik.

Can't remember what allot of others smoke for sure, just have an idea.

I smoke Erinmore in $1000+ pipes, a thought that could make some pipesters cringe. To me the perfect smoke is what you want, in what sounds good;)

I'm unsure which is receiving the distreatment, the Walnut or the Kaywoodie.

Good day all;

What some may find interesting is the issue of cliamte as it affects a tobacco. Greg Pease was telling me a tale some time ago about his trip to Denmark. Greg was saying how he could smoke MacBarens Navy Flake in Denmark and it tasted wonderful, BUT could not smoke it in CA. It was terrible. So while we think it humorous, much of what we enjoy as far as blends is personal tastes and how climate reacts to any given blend. Ian enjoys Erinmore. I can't get past the aroma in the tin let alone smoke it. I know of people that smoke heavy Latakia blends in hot arrid climates. For me it would not work. There is much more to pipe enjoyment than just the blend or the pipe. Climate, diet, personal taste preferences etc.

Regards
Michael J. Glukler

puros_bran":vw8eu3rf said:
I'm unsure which is receiving the distreatment, the Walnut or the Kaywoodie.
Gee, thanks PB!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now up one level.

What do the Italian guys smoke in their Castellos ? :shock:

:face:

I smoke Orlik Golden Sliced ..

Other Danish pipers that I know smoke the following

Capstan Navy Cut
Player's De Luxe
Three Nuns
Edgeworth Sliced
Fraser
Orlik Dark Kentucky

Danish weed seems to be popular everwhere but in Denmark.

Well... I, for one, do not like Danish shapes or freehands, but do like a lot of Danish tobacco. Think MacBaren and Orlik, just for starters. Yummy.