Day of mourning

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
I propose that we have an official day of mourning for two now former giants in the 'baccy world, Dunhill and McClelland's this coming Friday, 3/9/'18. On this day, we ALL smoke ONLY blends produced by these two giants? Not just a bowl or two,unless that's all you smoke in a day, but EVERY bowl you smoke that day that is produced by either these folks ! :twisted: :twisted:

I have no problem getting on board for this. Guess it would be fitting to use a Dunhill pipe too!

Hiram-2011":bfcfanut said:
I have no problem getting on board for this.  Guess it would be fitting to use a Dunhill pipe too!
Yeah, that's a cool idea.  I could smoke Dunhill all day, but I'd have to change out my pipes since I have only one Dunhill pipe.  Maybe some of my meerschaum pipes would work.

Blackhorse":8mvolqqf said:
Sounds good. Will someone send me an appropriate Dunhill to use for the ceremonies...maybe a nice Cumberland?
Likewise. I am a cheap date as I prefer shell finishes but if you want to lavish me, I am okay with Bruyere’s. :p

I'll fire up some of my dwindling supply of McClelland 40th anniversary to commemorate the day.

And if anyone wants to send me a Dunhill pipe to help celebrate I'll PM you the address. :D

Super sad these giants are closing. Is Dunhill officially over too? I thought they were just selling, so that their blends would be produced by someone else. I smoke more Dunhill than McClelland, but enjoy them both and it's sad to see either of them go.

WandererOfWeirdPaths":tctxssrw said:
Super sad these giants are closing. Is Dunhill officially over too? I thought they were just selling, so that their blends would be produced by someone else. I smoke more Dunhill than McClelland, but enjoy them both and it's sad to see either of them go.
BAT has said they are stopping production of all Dunhill tobacco products.

I am definitely in. I don't think I have any Dunhill tins open right now, but I have some McC stuff jarred up.

My understanding is Dunhill stopped production as of December 2017. The sky isn't falling just yet though. Sources say that the Lane Limited warehouse is full of Dunhill blends at the moment so you should still be able to order more in the next couple months.

Jim

I've been in mourning since I heard the news, so only Dunhill or McClelland tobaccos, dirges, and fish this Friday works for me.

Will smoke only Dunhill and McClelland's tomorrow in honor of the day of mourning. :(

:( After much thought, I've decided to go with McC's 'Grand Orientals: Venidje Surpreme' -- might as well make it special!

Unfortunately I cracked the last tin of Beacon I had here about 6 months ago. I will smoke Irish Flake and be there in spirit gents!