Days of lowered expectations...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlock999

Reaction score
In the grips of an early summer heat wave over here on the coast...
It's time like these I try not to expect too much from my pipes and tobacco. I may even forego the pipe until the heat breaks.
It's too early for these temps!

Try recomputing as "Days of Different Expectations."

Expectations altered in light of altered circumstances.

Cork in water. Water level rises & falls but the cork's position relative to it remains unaltered -- just higher or lower with reference to a fixed point outside it. :D 

:face:

Yak":jbh050kz said:

Good advice!

I can dig it. Here's what my Friday was like:

0628.png

"Keep the faith."

Cooled off here of late.

Trust Scarlet, "Tomorrow is another day."

Then there is "Good thing come to those who wait."

OK, done sounding like you mom. :cheers: 

But always be sure you have clean underwear in case of heat stroke.

Yak":cwhtcgzo said:

Cork in water. Water level rises & falls but the cork's position relative to it remains unaltered -- just higher or lower with reference to a fixed point outside it.  :D 

In other words..."Put a cork in it!"

Buckshot":mb83abw6 said:
Yak":mb83abw6 said:

Cork in water. Water level rises & falls but the cork's position relative to it remains unaltered -- just higher or lower with reference to a fixed point outside it.  :D 

In other words..."Put a cork in it!"
Also good advice!

Move to Texas and you will learn what summer REALLY is :twisted: 

monbla256":79fnatky said:
If I moved to Texas, I'm afraid I would have bigger things to worry about...:affraid: 

Oops, forgot to take Buckshot's advice...:oops:

90 friday night with 90% humidity at 10 pm. How is mississippi the fattest seems we should sweat it right out. =)

Harlock999":mkahi65e said:
monbla256":mkahi65e said:
If I moved to Texas, I'm afraid I would have bigger things to worry about...:affraid: 

Oops, forgot to take Buckshot's advice...:oops:
Oh don't worry about Little Ricky, he's just a bubba and can be bought for the right price :twisted: 

So far, summer in Maryland has been cool. When temps climb past 90, I also reserve the pipe for early mornings and late evenings. It was nice, cool and foggy here this morning.

The only tobacco that cuts the heat when it gets into triple digits, if you ask me, is Storm Front.   Today I found some of that 2005 Scottish Flake that Shane gave me a while ago, and am finishing it off, and it's literally drying as I smoke it.   Stupid desert.   :lol:  Fortunately I have enough SF to last the summer... I hope...  

...when the invasion of large, black wood ants started happening all over town, I told people, "There's only two reasons why they do that...in the fall when it's going to be a rough winter, and in the spring when it's gonna be a scorcher summer."   No one listened, but they sure are complaining now.   :lol: 

Fools!   :lol:  Mock my animal soothsaying, will you?

8)

:stormfront:

Foolish Kyle.  Those ants all got Platinum cards from Harrah's and are all headed to a comped buffet.  Ya has to keep an eye on them wooly caterpillars for the real skinny.

Kyle Weiss":bkeu4hgm said:
Stop stooping to my level.   It's nice and quiet down here.   :lol:
Please, stop being the straight man.  I am often too weak to normally resist.  Instead I'll let you make up my answer and there are a couple of doozies.  
1. Level
2. Quiet

JKenP":lh084360 said:
Please, stop being the straight man.  I am often too weak to normally resist.  Instead I'll let you make up my answer and there are a couple of doozies.  
1. Level
2. Quiet
I'm just going to assume you understand the many onion-layers of funny that actually is. :lol: :lol!: :cheers:

8)