DE Razor Blades

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Got myself a '62 Fatboy. Been 25+ years since I've shaved with a DE. I need your "druthers" on blades. I don't need sources; I need your likes and/or dislikes. I used to use Personna, Wilkinson Sword, Gillette Platinum (?), etc. What's the good stuff now? Thanks in advance :cheers: FTRPLT

62' Fatboy, great razor. I like the personna platinum's, they work fine for me and seem to be of consistent quality. Good luck with the new razor.

I use several different blades. I like Feathers and Gillette 7 o'clock in the yellow package. I also use a lot of Derby's. All work well for me.

Feathers are nice... Personna works great.. Derbys are smooth...

they are the Trinity of DE blades IMO. I'll use those Wal-Mart Gilettes if I absolutely have to.

Grow a beard and quit wasting time in the morning shaving and use the money you save on blades to buy more pipes and tobacco! :D :D :D

JP Some of us have Conservative Work Sites that expect their employee's to be clean shaven instead of a Liberal Organization where nobody is allowed to comment on your appearance (or work ethic for that matter) regardless of how much you look like a hippie.

Justpipes":qrhhx3mp said:
Grow a beard and quit wasting time in the morning shaving and use the money you save on blades to buy more pipes and tobacco! :D :D :D

I have had a beard for 35 years. I still shave everyday on the cheeks and neck. :)

Thanks to all for the input. I have a pretty good idea on where I'm going with this!!! Might even grow my beard back!!!!! :lol: FTRPLT

puros_bran":ed81dhj2 said:
JP Some of us have Conservative Work Sites that expect their employee's to be clean shaven instead of a Liberal Organization where nobody is allowed to comment on your appearance (or work ethic for that matter) regardless of how much you look like a hippie.
I work in a very liberal county! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, FTRPLT, I apologize for high jacking your thread!

Feathers in my mild razors and
Derbys in the aggressive ones.

Thats all you need ;)

Wilkenson Sword DE . Been using 'em for years and I get 'em at my local Walgreen's.

"JP Some of us have Conservative Work Sites that expect their employee's to be clean shaven instead of a Liberal Organization where nobody is allowed to comment on your appearance (or work ethic for that matter) regardless of how much you look like a hippie."

I worked for a conservative firm a few years ago. Wasn't bad 'cept the conservative bosses sat around bitchin' 'bout "all those Liberals" while we Liberals did all the work :p