Dealing with Mold...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
When you discover mold in your tobacco, how do you deal with it? (For me in a jar of S&G Navy Flake)

-smoke it anyway, if its good on blue cheese it must be good on tobacco

-toss the tobacco out and save the jar

-toss both tobacco and jar

-tell yourself it's really sugar crystals and set it aside for the box pass.

:D Paul

This has happened to me a few times in the past. What I have done is take a very close look at it , even with a magnifying(sp) glass. If it looks crystline like then its sugar crystals, if it looks smooth and or fuzzy then its mold and I toss and little around where that was. If you keep the jar I would sterize and clean it real good and use it over. Its better to use a new one but make sure it sterilized both jar and lid. Sometimes it look similar but if you do smoke it you will sure know it LOL. Keep us posted on how it goes :cyclops: :sunny:

This is my second experience with suspected mold. The first was with penzance and Mel encouraged me to smoke it but I think that batch had a few sparkles in it. This dosn't. But I'll take a closer look later.

BTW, is mold only a jar thing? Has anyone experienced it when opening a fresh tin?

It happens in tins as well because of poor quality control or it starts to rust holes in it or if the seal gets broken from ruff handling. When I open a tin I do check it out carefully and I keep a glass on the desk to use when I want to look. :cyclops: :sunny:

Oh no! It must be spring in Canada.

It's starting early this year.

First mold.

Then tobacco beetles.

Then hornets.

Then bbq and :rendeer: head beer.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

thomas james":4msb0qbm said:
Oh no! It must be spring in Canada.

It's starting early this year.

First mold.

Then tobacco beetles.

Then hornets.

Then bbq and :rendeer: head beer.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Damn... I'll never live down those tobacco beetles :lol:

I have had mold in one jar and in a tobacco pouch. Both times there was no mistaking what it was. It was big, greenish white and had tendrils.

If it's just a light sprinkle of white, it could be sugar, or salt.

Carlos":oisfifxy said:
It was big, greenish white and had tendrils.
I went out with a girl like that once :pig:

I say smoke it! If it makes you want to pull the shades and play Innagoddadavida, throw it out :|

Amen Natch!!! I have that album and CD. Great music for forplay LOL. Those were the days :cyclops: :sunny: :lol!:

Go ahead and smoke it! Natch seems to think it has a silicium effect. What's the worst that could happen?!

Many years ago we use to drink silicium tea all the time............well, maybe that is why everyone thinks I am a nut case! :lol: :lol: :lol: