Delta has a new pre-flight video with a pipe smoker?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Just took Delta to a meeting over in Phoenix, and instead of the usual pre-flight demo given by the attendants on how to buckle your seat belt or use the oxygen masks, it's now on a video that plays on the screens throughout the plane. It was rather new and somewhat cleaver, but about two minutes in it showed a human version of Ned Flanders (Simpson's character) in a tweed suit smoking a huge calabash pipe, when a beautiful woman sitting behind him smiles, wages her finger, and winks at him. I don't recall ever seeing anyone light up a pipe in the cabin, but you never know.

I didn't take it as a hit against pipers, but rather an over obvious, somewhat comical reminder that smoking is not allowed on flights in the U.S. Next flight I'll have to pull out a huge calabash and see if anyone around me takes notice. :lol:

Natch

Natch":1y5x7h6w said:
Next flight I'll have to pull out a huge calabash and see if anyone around me takes notice. :lol:

Natch
:cheers: :cheers:

And if it works, will a beautiful lady smile at me and wink as she wags her finger? Or will a 300 pound ex-professional wrestler flight attendant stuff me into the bowl?

Natch