Dentist Billing: What A Disaster

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I was overcharged $183.00 by my regular dentist, Metro Dental. They screwed up the claim to my dental insurer.
The oral surgeon doing my implant is associated with another office of Metro Dental. That office tried to overcharge me $2000.00 at my last visit. I have phenomenal dental insurance for which I pay a ton. The oral surgeon's financial person "forgot" to enter my insurance into the billing equation until I blew a gasket. Today, I phoned my regular dentist's office and asked when the $183.00 would be credited to my credit card. The reply: "You're showing an $1855.00 balance due at Metro Dental, Midway." (oral surgeon)
I phoned Metro Dental, Midway and asked what was going on. "I just paid you $1072 on March 3. What's this $1855?"
"Until we get paid from your dental insurer, an uninsured balance remains on your record. It looks like you will ultimately be due a sizeable credit from us, as well. You currently owe us $0, but until all payments are cleared, on the books you owe $1855.00."

The billing/bookkeeping from this very large dental corporation could not be more inept.

It's funny how chiropractors were always the butt of medical jokes and considered dishonest quacks, when dentistry has proven to be a far worse racket. With how they go about business and providing health care, it appalls me that they've taken any type of Hippocratic Oath.