Dentist time..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterE

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Ok gents, due to some major pain in my jaw I'm off to the dentist. I know what awaits me and it isn't pretty. I'm effin' scared. Send me good vibes!  :pale:

MisterE":z43ynf4j said:
Ok gents, due to some major pain in my jaw I'm off to the dentist. I know what awaits me and it isn't pretty. I'm effin' scared. Send me good vibes!  :pale:
Nothing to be scared of "E", just say aaah! and it'll be over in a minute and you'll be on your way back home.  ;) 

Never been askeerd of dentists.

If they have to drill just get the max Novocaine shot first. They use a small needle for that and usually rub on some stuff that dulls the injection anyways. After that you shouldn't feel anything.

I've had plenty of dental work done, and always ask for the maximum deadening. For some reason my body chemistry processes the deadening effects pretty fast, so I've learned to ask for the maximum. Otherwise I'll be wiggling in the chair!

Hope your Messican dentists are as qualified as those in the States!

Cheers,

RR

Best of luck MrE! Just remember there are a few of us out there that lidocaine, xylocaine(Novocaine) just doesn't work on. There's always gas too if you really get anxious. Music can be a big help. They let my daughter wear headphones when she goes in.

All my best bro!
Jim

Aargh! I share your dread....yes, maximum pain meds before you go in and maximum after you get out. Think good thoughts!

We'll send the good vibes your way.

Best of luck, throwing good mojo down south. Hope it doesn't affect your pucker when you're blowing the horn.

For many years my dentist was an elderly German woman who didn't use a needle unless you really needed it. As she explained it to me, if the dentist is skilled you shouldn't need it for ordinary fillings and the like. The pain killer is for the dentist's benefit so they can work harder and faster.

I had many procedures with her over 10 or more years and the convenience of not having a numb face, and knowing that it wouldn't hurt later was a real plus.

I haven't had a regular dentist since that I would trust in this way however.

Good luck to you Mr E.

Don't like to go to the dentist or car mechanics. It's going to be expensive and hard to get one you trust some times. :evil: 

Thanks for your vibes, guys! I always get a little ookie with dental work, especially when it's right where I play.

It turns out I need a double root canal. Two teeth are giving me trouble in the bottom front and have formed an abscess.  :pale: 

Yesterday was painless, just some x-rays. The fun starts on Wednesday. The dentist assured me I wont feel a thing. Once I get the needle, it's smooth sailing from there.:drunken: 

I know all that at an intellectual level. I'm still not likin' it, though.  :lol!: 

MisterE":pav3dafc said:
Thanks for your vibes, guys! I always get a little ookie with dental work, especially when it's right where I play.

It turns out I need a double root canal. Two teeth are giving me trouble in the bottom front and have formed an abscess.  :pale: 

Yesterday was painless, just some x-rays. The fun starts on Wednesday. The dentist assured me I wont feel a thing. Once I get the needle, it's smooth sailing from there.:drunken: 

I know all that at an intellectual level. I'm still not likin' it, though.  :lol!: 
Just be thankful we're not in the early days of Dentistry!

I hope all goes well.
Try to find a dentist who makes you laugh
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/glG8JgVghBE" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

If this is not possible, then find one who makes others laugh and tell us about him/her

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bhb0Xy26eys" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

AV-37-1228768613.jpg

Best of luck for you, my bro' !

I'm in the fortunate posision that I'm not scared of the dentist and most of my work is don't without an injection. That's for the bottomn teeth.

For the uppers it's even better, just leave the buggers with the dentist and go and collect them again later on  :twisted: 

My late wife was so scared that she passed out when the guy just showed her the needle. If he was quick, he could do the job while she was lying on the floor, no injection needed!!  :bball: 

Okay, I survived! Yes, it sucked and I was scared, but I'm no worse for the wear. In fact, the anesthesia wore off at 7pm, and I was playing again as if nothing had happened by 8pm. I'm relieved.

Your collective good vibes were what made the difference I think!  :cheers: 

I'm thinking of cracking my last tin of Germain's Brown Flake to celebrate. What do you guys think?

Glad to hear it went well! Ok as well as could be expected. Sounds like a great choice of tobacco. Just be aware that smoking can slow the healing process down in some people considerably.

Jim

Hate to say I told ya so but, ...................."I Told Ya So!"
Now aint it time for your annual prostate exam?