Dentist work :)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
I had a root canal on yet another tooth. Wow what a difference. It's been bothering me for a couple of months and I've been using occasional doses of the gel IB Profen capsules. It would settle down. Then last week I had one sleepless night and another on the weekend. I phoned this morning and got in this afternoon. Now I feel like a million bucks :D

Interestingly, the dental assistant asked "Which is worse, cold or hot water?" I thought and thought and thought and finally said "hot water, I guess I'm just a sensitive kind of guy (moan)".

After the procedure, I asked her about the difference between hot and cold water? Usually cold water sensivity indicates tooth gum exposure. The hot water, i.e. coffee, is decay.

Man they do amazing things compared to the 50's and 60's :D :D .

Glad you are feeling better Paul!

Now, I just tell them to pull them out and at some point I will probably end up with dentures.

Justpipes":wmja9gzz said:

Now, I just tell them to pull them out and at some point I will probably end up with dentures.
That's the choise he gives.

"Do you want me to pull it? Or do you want a root canal?"

Go for the root canal, if you encounter this, IMHO.

Slow Puffs":8rjmxdij said:
Justpipes":8rjmxdij said:

That's the choise he gives.

"Do you want me to pull it? Or do you want a root canal?"

Go for the root canal, if you encounter this, IMHO.
You guys must have socialized denistry up there just like medical care! Down here a root canal cost $800-$900 out of pocket, even with decent insurance. The crown cost another $800-$900 out of pocket, at least in my area! On my budget you tell the man to pull it!

I already have about 6 crowns in my mouth............from now on I'll be pull'n um! Unless, maybe the dentist is running a special.......... :lol:

Before he did the root canal, he checked with my wife's health benefits through her work. They will allow up to $2,000 this year. Mark, you are right. The cost is a big factor and I'd think twice if I had to pay the whole shot for it.

I just tell him, "Yank the sucker," and he does. Most recently, a couple weeks ago.

Even that still costs me $50 that the (state employee) insurance doesn't cover.

Hey -- nobody seriously expects people up here in the (Appalachian) mountains to have very many teeth anyway.

:face:

Here, proper dental work is a luxury. It cost more than medical care. Veterinary medicine is becoming the same way. Folks are willing to pay more for medical care for their pets than they are for themselves or their families. It is just plain crazy. It is harder to get into vet school than med school now. I have a couple of friends with kids applying for vet school and didn't get accepted but they were accepted for med school. Forget about dentistry school!

Yo Puffs, I have an extra set of dentures you're very welcome to, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

A couple of years ago the dentist scared the hell out of me.He took a Poloroid picture of the roof of my mouth and showed me signs of Nicotine Stomititus.I attribute this to the P-Lip Petersons I was smoking everyday,my pallette couldn't take the heat.I put away the pipes for 3 months and it went away,then I sold off all my P-Lips. :x :x :x

Winslow

Winslow":t9luneiz said:
A couple of years ago the dentist scared the hell out of me.He took a Poloroid picture of the roof of my mouth and showed me signs of Nicotine Stomititus.I attribute this to the P-Lip Petersons I was smoking everyday,my pallette couldn't take the heat.I put away the pipes for 3 months and it went away,then I sold off all my P-Lips. :x :x :x

Winslow
How many of them did the Dentist buy? :p

I have a new dentist now.The other dentist said "Can't you just hold the pipe in your mouth without smoking it?" :x :x :x

Winslow

Yak":6r0y0bl5 said:
...Hey -- nobody seriously expects people up here in the (Appalachian) mountains to have very many teeth anyway.

:face:
:lol!:

A little known fact about Kentucky. The toothbrush was invented here!

If it were invented in any other state it would have been called a teethbrush :D