Did you know 965 is a chocolate flavored cigarette tobacco?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismo270r

Reaction score
I don't know what rabbit hole I was following, but I ended up coming across this FDA warning letter to E.A. Carey's from 2015:

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2015/ucm446850.htm

These jackholes are proposing Dunhill, Peterson, etc among these other brands are seriously under the guise of cigarette tobacco...

"We note that on your website, you present loose tobacco products containing the package description “pipe tobacco”but that are offered for sale or distributed as cigarette tobacco and/or roll-your-own tobacco, including E.A. Carey, Captain Black, Mac Baren, Smoker’s Pride, Peterson, Dunhill, and Erik Stokkebye. The overall presentation of these products on your website strongly suggests that they are intended for use in a cigarette, likely to be offered to consumers for making cigarettes, and/or likely to be purchased by consumers for making cigarettes."

Oh yeah...and they're not only cigarette tobaccos, but FLAVORED cigarette tobaccos!

"Flavored Cigarette Violations

Additionally,our review of your website, http://www.eacarey.com, revealed that you offer for sale the following flavored cigarette tobacco and/or roll-your-own tobacco products, including, but not limited to: 50th Anniversary Pipe Tobacco (chocolate and vanilla), Cream Cherry Pipe Tobacco (cherry, vanilla), Black Currant Pipe Tobacco (black currant, apple), Berries & Crème Pipe Tobacco (raspberry), Cinnamon Pipe Tobacco (cinnamon, vanilla, spices), Europa Pipe Tobacco (wild berry), Irish Cream Pipe Tobacco (mocha and vanilla), Smoker’s Pride Vanilla Cavendish Loose Pipe Tobacco, Captain Black Pipe Tobacco Cherry, Mac Baren Vanilla Flake Pipe Tobacco, Peterson Sweet Killarney Pipe Tobacco Tin (caramel), Dunhill My Mixture 965 Pipe Tobacco (Chocolate), Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Aromatic Holiday 2 Pack Pipe Tobacco Tins (vanilla, honey), Stanwell Vanilla Pipe Tobacco 50g Tin (vanilla), Cherry Bomb Flavours Pipe Tobacco by CAO (cherry, vanilla, black currant), Eileen’s Dream Flavours Pipe Tobacco by CAO (white chocolate, cocoa, peaches, vanilla, coconut, hazelnut, almond, cream), and Pipa Vanilla Cavendish Smoking Pipe Tobacco and Corncob Pipe Kit, which are purported to contain an artificial or natural flavor that is a characterizing flavor of the products."

I'm sure some brilliant genius wrote an algorithm to pick out any "flavor" words on these websites and flag them...simply because the description on 965 has the word chocolate in it, it must be chocolate flavored...don't pay attention to any of the context or God-forbid, actually READ something "...notes of bitter-sweet chocolate..." Then again, it wouldn't make a difference, because these yahoos are way to smart and know it's just all a ruse to poison the youth of the world.

I laughed when I watched Idiocracy, but just give it time...we'll be watering everything with electrolytes in no time at the rate we're going.

Ignorance with a gun. I would love to see them all get on a doomed plane. Seriously.

Yo nismo - very interesting find. What was the outcome of this idiocy?

hp
les

Absolute ignorance!!! Main reason why all pipe smokers should keep stocking up on their favorites now!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

lestrout":lrptd97v said:
Yo nismo - very interesting find.  What was the outcome of this idiocy?

hp
les
Don't know Les, there was no response or closeout letter I could find for this case. Most likely changes to descriptions on websites, etc. A lot of companies in the field have been sent these letters...just ridiculous. Isn't it good knowing our tax dollars are paying some bonehead to review these horrific tobacco sites? The best is when the letter states how someone under the age of 18 purchased xxx items from the website. Exactly how do they prove to the website/store owner this person was really under the age of 18?

It's just like when the FDA goes to brick and mortar stores and sends in someone to buy cigarettes to see if they get carded. I've heard more than one account of the FDA agent telling the store owners they failed to card a minor, then refusing to show proof the person they sent into the store was a minor. How the hell is that not entrapment in the first place?

To quote Bertrand Russell: “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.”