different tin tops

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone knows if Balkan Sobranie virginia # 10 had different tin tops? I have seen green and yellow tin tops. Why?

From at least ninteen seventy-something on, BSVa10 tins were always yellow and brown.

They did make a straight Virginia flake, in a rectangular tin though. Could you be thinking of this, maybe ?

:face:

turns out this tin top is discolored with age!!!!!! i bought a tin off e-bay, then my brother came back from England and he picked up a tin from a friends father who, very generously, gave this tin to him to give to me when he found out i was a pipesmoker, supposedly it is extremely old. there is a tag on the bottom that is ripped and hard to read but it looks like 6 and then i think it reads pence. very intriguing indeed! :D I am trying not to open it!

Advice : Don't wait to open it. Get it opened and jarred. Don't be put off if it initially has a bad aroma.

PM Puff Daddy for specifics.

:face:

Older #10 tins had cutter tops, and the color is yellow and brown. I have a few of these and a few of the newer 2 gram traditional "disc" tins.
This is an interesting tobacco. I have never seen a great review on this stuf, but I enjoy it from time to time. he Havana cigar filler adds a nice little twist to the flavor.