Dinner in the tobacco barn

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
So.........

Went out to check the hangers this morning and almost stepped on a copperhead snake. About 2 feet long.

Normally, I leave the snakes alone in there, 'cause it keeps the rodent and insect population down.

Copperhead........

So, lopped off it's head and got it skinned. The head went into the woodstove. The skin into a batch of rubbing alcohol and glycerin to cure, and the meat got floured, egged, breaded and fried.

Anybody know what use there is for the venom? Hate to waste it............

Wiz, those copperhead skins are worth a couple hundred bucks, because they look so cool on bow limbs. The longer they are, the more they will bring.

Maybe you could sell the set to a bowyer, and throw in a little venom for him to mix into the limb glue, for a little extra mojo on the release.

Talked to a local witch and she said to make it into a love potion........

Isn't just what you might expect to hear from a witch?

I would expect a real witch to wiggle her nose, and turn it into a love potion for me, and not just talk about it.

That might work, Dutch, but a year later there would be some other guy living in your house, being called by your name, and everyone would just act like that was normal, never mentioning the first Dutch.

George, I didn't stop to give that consideration. Touche!