Diplomatico Anejo Venezuelan Rum

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Anejo rum takes me back to my youth. A couple of ounces of dark rum, a little Rose's sweetened lime juice and about 4 oz. of Coca Cola over ice. Now, as an "oldster" I've modified the cocktail to use Aldi's cheap diet cola. But no cheaping out on the rum! Diplomatico Anejo Venezuelan Rum is very good.
12291701899294.png

Anejo rum takes me back to my youth. A couple of ounces of dark rum, a little Rose's sweetened lime juice and about 4 oz. of Coca Cola over ice. Now, as an "oldster" I've modified the cocktail to use Aldi's cheap diet cola. But no cheaping out on the rum! Diplomatico Anejo Venezuelan Rum is very good.
12291701899294.png
Just recently tried this run m, since a friend gave me a bottle for my birthday. I enjoyed it, a bit on the sweeter side but still good

I've had both the 23 Centenario and the XO, at twice the price, and can't tell one from the other. I also like the Pyrat XO, particularly when it's on sale, locally for $17.99 750ml. I, frankly, can't stand spiced/flavored rum. When my older daughter got married, she requested that I have ample flavored rum of a brand I cannot remember, at the bar. It was gobbled up quickly, while my previously private stock of good bourbon and single malt scotch sat, undisturbed. The #1 spirit consumed was vodka, usually in 7-up, lemon sour, or ginger ale. Of those who wanted a bit of scotch, Tomatin Dualchas was the most favored. It's smoke free, peat free.