Disconnect Your Car's Remote Capacity????

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I did a little grocery shopping today. The parking lot was very crowded and my car wasn't in clear sight. I thought I saw it a bit in the distance and pressed the door lock button on my key fob to sound the horn and to let me know I was headed to the correct vehicle. I actually pressed it several times and heard multiple beeps. As I approached my car, I pressed the car door open button and headlights and interior light went on and the driver's door unlocked. At my car, there was another Subaru Legacy facing mine in the lot, headlights and interior light on. I did not check to see if the driver's door opened. I rolled down my window and pressed the door lock button on my fob three times, which sounded my horn and the horn of the car facing me. I imagine this is rare, but these systems must be hackable.

Last edited:
Yo RSte

I think the car manufacturers only have a few hundred, or maybe thousand, key codes, so your car key fob isn't necessarily unique.

hp
les