Discoveries!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Been rearranging a couple of rooms in the house; I've been moved into another "space!" This has caused me to have to clean out the ol' 'baccy storage area. So I bought two nice wrought iron, glass-shelved diplays to for the pipes, tobacco, cigars, and related goodies. In digging out the various tins I "discovered" a few that I really didn't know I had (or my memory is worse than I thought!). Found one tin of C&D Yaller Dawg hidin' in the back corner of the closet! Real Syrian; don't know how old it is, but I'm real happy to have found it!! Also found 5 tins of DH Standard Medium, one tin of Standard Mild, 3 tins of Nightcap, and one tin of Durbar hiding in the shadows! These have to be over 5 years old; I haven't purchased any DH tobacco in quite a while. Plus 3 tins of of 2001/2002 Arcadia sitting on a back shelf covered by a old polo shirt! Now for the real kicker....In inventorying my cigar stash (next paragraph!), I opened what I thought was an empty cedar cigar box. Lo and behold, laying the box were three 50 gm. pouches of Troost Slices!! Troost Slices!! Where in the hell did they come from?? I haven't smoked Troost in eons! Anyway, they are a bit dry; but I have them gently rehydrating. Can't wait to smoke them in my clays!

Cigars...Found cigars I had totally forgotten about; including three from somewhere I ain't supposed to be having cigars!!! Found two unopened boxes that had totally dropped from my memory! Plus a whole bunch of onesie/twosies that folks gave me that I just throw in a big cedar cigar box; I just forgot which box! Good news is all are well hydrated. Gonna' be a good night for Porter and cigars.

Ah, pipes! Several of my pipe buddies and I got together to do some pipe swapping and trading. I did reduce my pipe inventory to 135; of which, 15 are small meers, lousy smokers, or so full of fills I don't mess with them. Of the 120 "good" ones, I found that I own 14 that are unsmoked!! Meers (6), clays (4), and briars (4)! I have a lot of work to do in my old age!! When I announced to SWMBO that I now had "only" 135 pipes; her response was, "I guess that means you're going for 200, right?"

So much for my BS. Now I gotta' go order more pipe tobacco to fill up what little shelf space is left!! FTRPLT

"When I announced to SWMBO that I now had "only" 135 pipes; her response was, "I guess that means you're going for 200, right?" " ftrplt

Wow, did she open a huge window of opportunity for you! I hope you jumped through it immediately with some tactful statement like, "well, yes, dear, but you know I only look for inexpensive pipes and it will take me a while to reach that mark; and by the way, have I mentioned how lovely and slender you look in that bathrobe", or something of the like?
:mrgreen:

Natch

Definitely got in with the "yes, dear" immediately followed by "the idea never crossed my mind".....with both hands behind my back, fingers crossed!!!! FTRPLT

I have forgotten about many things in life, but never pipes or tobacco. If anything, I sometimes look for tins that have already been smoked... :(