DIY Canning of Tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havealways been told to pack the jars at about the same firmness as you do your pipe. My mentor told me that and it sure seems to haveworked for me. I do live in the high desert and it is dry. I have open a jar that was almost 10 years old and it was just fine. I do heat the jars a bit when I clean them and many times have heard the pop when they seal. I do pour hot water over the lids and then dry them by hand. Like I said, it sure seems to work for me.

regor":drukrm39 said:
I have always been told to pack the jars at about the same firmness as you do your pipe. My mentor told me that and it sure seems to have worked for me. I do live in the high desert and it is dry. I have open a jar that was almost 10 years old and it was just fine. I do heat the jars a bit when I clean them and many times have heard the pop when they seal. I do pour hot water over the lids and then dry them by hand. Like I said, it sure seems to work for me.
Your method is fine for your dry area. However, in a more moist
climate it's important to remove as much air as possible by
packing very tight.

:study: