do i keep her?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmarcum

Reaction score
so i have only been smoking a pipe for a few months (wonderful wonderful months). i think my wife may have bought me a pipe for christmas...i am guessng this means i should keep her?! ;)

happy holidays yall

That is certainly a strong argument in her favor. It is a wonderful thing to have the woman you love support you in what you enjoy!

It depends on what she bought.. If it's cheap you must throw a huge tantrum.. I mean HUGE. Don't be gracious about a cheap gift, it just provides her an out for the next Rest of your life. Remember the cost of the gift is proportionate to how much they love you. You remember when you first dated? How everytime you had to top the last performance? The same thing goes with gifts.. Men start out with Steak and try to end up at McDonalds.. Women start at Mcdonalds and try to keep the man there as long as possible.. Demand to be treated like a king.. you deserve it.. I think I'd settle for nothing less than a Castello,Tinsky, or R Davis..

BTW: Pay no attention to me, My wife is mad at me 3/4 of the time and I usually have no idea why...lol

Merry Christmas!

WHAT, NO TOBACCO TO GO WITH THE PIPE????,,,,That's like Christmas without liverwurst milkshakes,,,,like a Maserati without a ten inch lift kit,,,,
like a Caterpillar bulldozer without the lawnmower attachment,,,, :affraid:

I'd say she's a keeper, now the real question is: Does she smoke with you?

My fiance started smoking cigars with me not long after we started dating and we started smoking pipes together while in Gatlinburg where I proposed. The only problem with this is that we have two budding PADs and TADs and we don't like all of the same tobaccos and pipes.

Enjoy the pipe when/if you get and be sure to act surprised it'll make her even happier.

Merry Christmas

Adam

It would depend on the pipe. If she took the time to research a 'good' pipe which reflects your tastes, desires, and attachment to pipes, then yeah, she's a keeper. But if she goes through the motions and just buys something from the local CVS store, then I'd equate that to you buying her one of those little plastic sand art container's and saying that she was always talking about how much she wanted to go to the Bahamas.

It's more than just a pipe. It's a lifestyle.

:farao:

Hold on, I am a bit confused! Are you asking about the pipe or your wife? Of course you keep the pipe, your wife I will have to pass to wiser heads than myself.

this is our first christmas together being married...so i do not think i have made her mad enough yet to pick up something at the drugstore. as for smoking with me....dear god no! not that i have a problem with the idea of it but....she has a major addiction to boots and sushi. the last thing i need is for her to get a case of PAD. i would never see a pipe, or bourbon, or steak again!

Sir
I must say any woman who buys her man a pipe is a keeper. I recall when I told my wife I was going to start smoking pipes she said " why are you going to do that for" from that time on she has bought most of my pipes. Every time she gives me one I look at her and kiss her whole face I love this woman.
Best Regards
Richard

Aren't we jumping the gun here? He said his wife MAY have gotten him a pipe.

I think he should confirm that before making a big decision regarding keeping her...

:)

puros_bran":uaibgmzl said:
It depends on what she bought.. If it's cheap you must throw a huge tantrum.. I mean HUGE. Don't be gracious about a cheap gift, it just provides her an out for the next Rest of your life. Remember the cost of the gift is proportionate to how much they love you. You remember when you first dated? How everytime you had to top the last performance? The same thing goes with gifts.. Men start out with Steak and try to end up at McDonalds.. Women start at Mcdonalds and try to keep the man there as long as possible.. Demand to be treated like a king.. you deserve it.. I think I'd settle for nothing less than a Castello,Tinsky, or R Davis..
BTW: Pay no attention to me, My wife is mad at me 3/4 of the time and I usually have no idea why...lol
Merry Christmas!
ONCE AGAIN, I NOMINATE PB FOR ETERNAL PRESIDENT!!!!!!!! :D

Yes I did say may. Once I have confirmation I will post photos...either of the pipe or of a very sad me

yup...she is a keeper

imp_me14.jpg

imp_me13.jpg