Do you believe in Santa?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
How many reindeer does he have??
Do they run on biodeisel?

Secret Santa is just a few months away... Be saving your duckets.

Maybe I should elaborate. Besides gifts, pen related for me of course. I was thinking about another trip out east/southeast for Christmas. If I can swing it. I need to stop spending a for a time so I can afford to take all 7 of my furlough days around Christmas.

Did I say furlough days!? Yeah, looks like the way to balance this years budget and reduce possible layoffs is for everyone to take 7 days without pay by the end of June 30, 2009.

Xmas I am gifted a pipe by my wife,I pick it out and she pays for it.The last several years it has been Ardor Xmas pipes.I am looking around now. :) :)

Winslow

puros_bran":fyjg3ou3 said:
How many reindeer does he have??
Do they run on biodeisel?

Secret Santa is just a few months away... Be saving your duckets.
Thanks for mentioning that PB; I definitely need to start saving. I really enjoyed last year's Secret Santa.

A thought that just hit me....

This will be the 1st Annual BoB Secret Santa... Woooohooooo!

This year if TJ or Tony draw each other I'm gonna cheat and change it....lol...

I guess this is the perfect time to also put in my plug and remind everyone about the annual Christmas for the Troops care package. :santa:

PB, you did such a great job at the Knox last annual Secret Santa I think it only appropriate that you kick off "BOB's" first annual Secret Santa. :)

Ditto what Bro Mike said....
Last year I tried to hold off announcing Secret Santa (actually waited so long Mike was gonna do it) until people had a chance to donate to the Christmas For The Troops thing. I'd still hope that if one had to choose they'd go with the Troops comfort (regardless of how they feel about the current situation). To me its a far loftier and noble cause than a bunch of knuckleheads sending each other baccy.

Anyhoot maybe there's enough warning that all who wants can participate in both...it is still August after all ( I'm tired of being hot, bring on the bitterly cold winter)

Being new here, as are many others, details of both programs will follow?

The Troop deal is pretty straight forward... We forward Pipes,Tobaccos,Cigars, etc etc to Mike... He has contacts that distributes it to the troops..

Santa is just a bunch of bozos exchanging christmas presents...

Secret Santa will be advertised in late October..

puros_bran":p27e9bdm said:
Ditto what Bro Mike said....
Last year I tried to hold off announcing Secret Santa (actually waited so long Mike was gonna do it) until people had a chance to donate to the Christmas For The Troops thing. I'd still hope that if one had to choose they'd go with the Troops comfort (regardless of how they feel about the current situation). To me its a far loftier and noble cause than a bunch of knuckleheads sending each other baccy.

Anyhoot maybe there's enough warning that all who wants can participate in both...it is still August after all ( I'm tired of being hot, bring on the bitterly cold winter)
I don't know where I was last year, but somehow I missed out on the Troop program. Anyway, does the CFTT take only unopened tins and what not? Either way, I plan on participating.

Amazing that we're discussing Christmas giving and here it is only Labor Day weekend!! However, a member of the Hudson Valley Pipe Club (NY) does the same for the troops, we get together many items and he sends them over to our guys. I'll be looking forward to a posting of the address to send more items, pipes and tobacco to the generous guy that does this project from BoB.
A most worthy cause that I'm sure is appreciated to the fullest.
AC
:pipe: