Do You Ever Blend Your Teas?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
The night prior to my surgery, my younger daughter slept at my house. She asked for a cup of non-caffeinated herbal tea. All I had of herbal is Tao of Tea Ayurvedic. For myself, I combined the Ayurvedic with T of T organic Earl Grey. I was stunned at how delicious it was. Now, I'm trying to remember what proportions of the teas I mixed.

That "trying to remember" thing causes people your age lots of problems!! I know because I'm around your age!!!
As to your question...I'm sure I've mixed teas and/or tea bags in the past. Thing is, I never try to note the combinations or proportions!!! I do the same thing with coffee/s, just a "spur of the moment" kind of thing!!!!!! FTRPLT

Yeah I've done it a few times, mainly adding English breakfast to my Earl Grey to give it more of a caffeine kick. And as for proportions, I'm always throwing stuff together in the kitchen and then later kicking myself as I didn't write the recipe down.

I mix pretty often. Almost any black tea and/or black tea blend mixes well with some kind of Earl Gray. Assam, single origin or blends, does well with Darjeeling. The Assam is often rather heavy and malty…then the Darjeeling is much lighter and typically fairly floral, so it brings that to the party. Of course, there are both first and second flush harvests of both the Assam and Darjeeling and the different pickings yield very different characteristics to the tea as does the region, altitude, etc.

I buy tea mostly from Upton Tea for loose teas and Teadog for the unique authentic loose and bagged UK brands and blends. Upton has many blends of their own design. Teadog’s offerings are imported and exactly what folks in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales find Here’s a link to a page with Upton’s black tea blends. There are a half dozen here that really fit my preferences. Upton is one of the best online companies I’ve ever dealt with.

https://www.uptontea.com/black-tea/c/black-tea-blends/
Here’s a link to Teadog.

https://www.teadog.com/tea-by-brand...pBaSOgbrzi9yyZJYQ-wyad8Hl59K1djEaAiPjEALw_wcB