Do you have any superpowers?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
Here are some examples:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7eQaKx3c64M" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>
Unfortunately, none of mine qualify

Powers? Sure, some folks might even consider some of them super.

But, my dear sir, everyone has powers. Most folks just don't use them.

I have an incredible sense of smell! It's not as good a superpower as you may think. People don't like deodorant, they put on too much perfume/cologne, I can tell when women are menstruating heavily (some try to cover it up with extra perfume), people love to pass gas in public (animals too), new car smell is not good, etc. The list goes on.

I want 20/20 vision.

I have and been told I have super sensitive hearing. It's been said by a few I know...." I bet you can hear a fly fart in the wind "! You know what, I think I can.... :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

... and on a serious note...

I can remember having some striking results with divining rods as a kid. I've not tried it since, partly because I am very scientifically minded and I can't for the life of me explain what's going on. Must try it again some time soon and see where my thinking takes me.

Stick":lth0snua said:

I can remember having some striking results with divining rods as a kid.  I've not tried it since, partly because I am very scientifically minded and I can't for the life of me explain what's going on. Must try it again some time soon and see where my thinking takes me.
My late uncle Al could find water with two willow sticks. He'd hold one in each hand and when they crossed there would be water somewhere under the soil right there. Always thought it was bollocks, but apparently it wasn't according to my Pap.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":rlqvqqnp said:
Stick":rlqvqqnp said:

I can remember having some striking results with divining rods as a kid.  I've not tried it since, partly because I am very scientifically minded and I can't for the life of me explain what's going on. Must try it again some time soon and see where my thinking takes me.
My late uncle Al could find water with two willow sticks. He'd hold one in each hand and when they crossed there would be water somewhere under the soil right there. Always thought it was bollocks, but apparently it wasn't according to my Pap.

Cheers,

RR
Yup, that's about it Rande, only hazle is the preferred twig of choice here in Blighty. Very strange experience when it happens, and it doesn't have to be limited to just dowsing for water.

Super Powers to say the least.....I can clear a room in less then 60 seconds!

Stick, I was serious. All my life I've had super sensitive hearing. I can hear frequencies that most humans don't. A few years back when I had my hearing tested two doctors we're amazed. NO, I don't hear voices.... Just thought I would mention that before the jokes began.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":oh5wamtk said:
Stick, I was serious. All my life I've had super sensitive hearing. I can hear frequencies that most humans don't. A few years back when I had my hearing tested two doctors we're amazed. NO, I don't hear voices.... Just thought I would mention that before the jokes began.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
I don't doubt it!

My 'on a serious note' comment was a follow on from my flippant post about making girls disappear. Sorry old bean, I can see why you thought what you did.

I have a fairly average set of gifts/whatever for a priest. There are a couple that are unusual or better developed or something. I have a capacity to discern spirits. I am also a remarkably cool head in a crisis. It is as if I go into autopilot and can be calm and task oriented when things are really ugly. I was this way as an EMT and as a fireman. I have been this way as a priest as well. When I try to process it all later, it can scare the crap out of me then, but at the time, I seemed to have a capacity for serenity.

I got mugged once (back in pre clergy collar days) by three guys with a knife. I told them to put the knife away and if they thought I had more money than they did, I would just give them what I had. They put the knife away and told me to keep my money.

Perhaps as an gift secondary to the discerning spirits, I can sometimes know things about people that they have not told me. It is as if I have dreamed it or something. This one is most obvious when I hear confessions. It is as if I have already them say it, and there are no surprises. I have to prompt sometimes because I know the bit they have not said yet.

I hope I have not overshared and these qualify, but you DID ask.