Do You Often Eat In Restaurants?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
One of my friends, divorced for many years, says he eats almost all of his meals in restaurants and during the worst of the pandemic had them delivered.
Honestly, since the pandemic began, the only food I've eaten "out", as in a restaurant, has been at the Costco food court.

All during the Covid shutdown we ordered meals to pick up from like a half dozen of our favorite places. We really wanted them to be there when things normalized…and they did…and they are. I guess others had the same idea. Sure wasn’t just our funds.

And just for clarity, we did the take-out thing like once a week, at most.

Just for fun…here’s a few of the favorites and what I really like there:

1. There’s a Thai place that makes the BEST salad rolls with peanut sauce and Red Curry…
2. a breakfast & lunch place that has chicken fried steak and sausage gravy & hash browns to kill for…
3. and a brew pub that makes a blue cheese burger to go with their Terminator Stout…
4. how about a fast food burger joint that has killer Halibut Fish & Chips!
5. and of course the pizza joint that loads a few pounds of pepperoni on that deep crust beast.

When I lived in a city with options within walking distance, I took out 2-3 times a week. Like Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory, on the same days each week. I'm habitual and methodical like that. That's not necessarily a positive thing, so don't take that as me tooting my horn. I don't eat breakfast (not really hungry in the morning), and for lunch, a PB&J roll-up (or PB & honey) every day. So out of seven meals, even twice is a lot. That was also when you could get really good food for $7 or $8 take out. I've never liked eating in restaurants. Too loud, and I don't like being waited on. Everything about eating in a restaurant makes me uncomfortable. I only order take out a couple times a year now. I'd like to support my joints more, but I honestly don't think about it very often. I also don't live in an area that has quality of my favorite foods, and that makes it very easy to not think about eating out. There's only a single Thai restaurant that I feel makes really good food. I haven't eaten fast food since before the pandemic.

I might eat out for lunch about once/mo. Either Thai or Mexican usually. Sometimes Indian. I don't do fast food joints except for the occasional Subway.

Cheers,

RR

You don’t even do In-n-Out Burger?

65158AF0-EF18-4DEE-BD63-47DFDF69B460.jpeg

We had stuff delivered once in a while. Mainly, we ordered by phone or on-line with me picking it up on those occasions (3-4 times a month!). My wife only occasionally eats dindin; many times I just have a snack, sandwich (rarely), or something quick and light. We have ventured out a bit in the last few months; but no ore than 3-4 times a month. FTRPLT

My older daughter and husband, eat in restaurants at least once a week and during the pandemic ordered carryout frequently. As BH did, they want their favorite places to remain in business.

Other than in health care facilities the pandemic has been over for us about two years now. We eat out, take out or drive through way more than we cook.

We live out in the country and I work from home. SWMBO works in town and picks up something to go on Fridays after work. That's as close to eating out as we get any more.

Most of the restaurants around here opened up again late last year with staff still wearing masks. Wife and I eat out with friends probably 2/3 times a month. I have breakfast or lunch with Ranger buddies 2x a month, and my riding partner and I have lunch at least twice a month. So I guess I eat out maybe 7/8 times a month. Just decided we were tired of being isolated.

We wander up to the local takeaway joint once a fortnight. In Aus a takeaway will do burgers etc. and fish and chips etc. My SIL get's fish and sweet potato scallops (potato that has been sliced a few mm thick, battered and deep fried.) whilst my bro and I get a burger with the lot (patty, bacon, cheese, pineapple, fried onion, lettuce, beetroot and tomato.).

We also go back to our old stomping grounds back in town for pizza once every two months or so and bought from these guys during the pandemic lockdowns too to make sure they stayed open as their pizza is second to none. If they ever shut down, I doubt I'll ever buy commercial pizza again.

We sit ouside both places to eat as we're too hesitant to eat inside just yet. Once Covid calms down again that will change and we'll go to other places too.

Lettuce, tomato, white onion slice (if not having one of our wonderful, local fried onion burgers!!), sour pickles, Cheese (Blue or sharp Cheddar), plus some really good mustard (not that yellow stuff!!). Yummy!! FTRPLT

Yeah…change up = grey poupon mustard, swiss cheese & a slice of sweet onion (grown in Washington state…Walla Walla Onion). All the rest of the stuff the same.

OH…and the patty marinated for 10 minutes in soy sauce & cooked over charcoal…fair amount of char on the meat please.

Jeez. I’m really getting hungry.

Pineapple on a burger? That's a new one. Might have to try it. My fav is swiss cheese, mushrooms, and fried onions.
Yep, fried on the same hot plate as the patty and onions, and oops I forgot there's a fried egg on there to and BBQ sauce. It's a pinapple ring in case anyone was wondering.