Do You Often Eat In Restaurants?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We eat out about twice a week. Eat in which started up a long time ago as Texas opened up dining rooms way back. My 15 year old son and I have a favorite burger called The Ole Sarge from Mr. Burger. The chain was started in Huntsville, TX right across from the state pen. Usually the first meal ex cons eat upon leaving the prison. All the burgers have prison theme names. Ol' Sarge, Old Sparky, Killer, Warden...

We eat out about twice a week. Eat in which started up a long time ago as Texas opened up dining rooms way back. My 15 year old son and I have a favorite burger called The Ole Sarge from Mr. Burger. The chain was started in Huntsville, TX right across from the state pen. Usually the first meal ex cons eat upon leaving the prison. All the burgers have prison theme names. Ol' Sarge, Old Sparky, Killer, Warden...
So what's on the Ol' Sarge?

Ol' Sarge - Single Meat, Bacon, Blue Cheese, Onion-Jalapeno Jam, Fried Onion Ring
That does indeed sound delicious, I'd throw in a fried pineapple ring and a fried egg but that's cos I'm an Aussie. I suppose you're getting your sweetness from the jalapeno jam.

Any sauces?

Hey! I never did think of the pepper jelly. I’ve got maybe 5 different kinds coasting in the fridge. Rose City Pepperheads branding, made locally. Time to put ‘em to work!

Hmmm. I wonder how a turkey burger with cream cheese and habanero cranberry jelly would be. And of course bacon. On a Ciabatta bun! Sounds like a Thanksgiving theme item. Gobble it right down. Sorry.

And beer batter onion rings on the side.

And a well chilled lager…like a Coors Longneck.

Hey! I never did think of the pepper jelly. I’ve got maybe 5 different kinds coasting in the fridge. Rose City Pepperheads branding, made locally. Time to put ‘em to work!

Hmmm. I wonder how a turkey burger with cream cheese and habanero cranberry jelly would be. And of course bacon. On a Ciabatta bun! Sounds like a Thanksgiving theme item. Gobble it right down. Sorry.

And beer batter onion rings on the side.

And a well chilled lager…like a Coors Longneck.
Your turkey burger sounds good BH, got my stomach rumbling.

Off to a brewery for beers and burgers tonight. Will report back how it goes, Войдите на Facebook

Edit: No idea how that switched to Cyryillic the URL pasted was in English.

Sad to hear that Gary, hope the ransom wasn't too high.

The beers were mostly excellent at the brewery except one or two ales that tasted more like lager to me which I'm not a fan of generally. And they had an excellent apple cider too.

The burgers were US style cheese burgers which were good if a little sloppy/runny. They used along with sliced cheese, a liquid cheese which ran everywhere. The taste was good but it was messy to eat.

They don't actually have a kitchen there, they get a random food truck to come in each week so you could get burgers, asian street food, Lebanese, Greek, you name it. Will certainly be going back.

Oh my…looking good! I’ll have an order of the Salad Rolls with extra Peanut Sauce.

2AC51F59-2CB9-4759-A8A8-FAB4474AA0C3.jpeg

C2CC2BDB-01C8-4E65-999A-826303D83B21.jpeg

Yup, Chucks burgers were just as good as they look but more sloppy with liquid cheese which doesn't seem to be in the pics. Wil order without the liquid cheese next time. Haven't been there for the Asian stuff, but am looking forward to it very much. Love me some Banh Mih (salad roll), especially with crispy skin pork and a ton of corriander and chilli. Raw spring rolls are great too especially if they've got prawns in them too.

My wife and I go to a restaurant every week or two. We almost always go to a local, Ma & Pa restaurant in our community and tip well (happy to help parts of my town get through tough times).

Natch

I use to love Red Robbins teriyaki burger with lettuce and a slice of pineapple along with their steak fries. I probably go out three or for times a week to some of the local ma and pa diners for either breakfast or lunch, then I'm good for the day. Average cost probably $11 a trip.

Pineapple on a burger? That's a new one. Might have to try it. My fav is swiss cheese, mushrooms, and fried onions.
Just wait until you try a burger with PB&J. It’s so strange and delicious. Sort of like melted cheddar on pie. Seems wrong, but it’s so right.

Sort of like melted cheddar on pie. Seems wrong, but it’s so right.

Yeah…sweet fruit stuff with cheese! It’s like putting cream cheese or goat cheese on a cracker with a dollop of jelly. Especially hot pepper jelly. OMG! Who knew? And why didn’t they tell us?