Doctor Zivago has passed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truly one of the best. Sorry to hear of his passing. :(

AJ

I agree that his role in LOA was his best. Among his other talents, Omar Sharif was one hell of an international bridge player, writer, and commenter. :( :( FTRPLT

Always liked him.
One of the few celebs I've encountered in the real world.
A few years ago we saw him at The Chart House in New Orleans.

I remember seeing Lawrence of Arabia in a huge movie theater as a young kid, with the folks after it was released.

Back then, movie theaters were large and grand and had enormous screens. The larger ones had several balconies. Going to a movie was a big event back then.

I remember little about the movie, and haven't seen it since. Think I became bored, since a young kid isn't able to take in all the story line of a movie such as that. And I remember it being very long. I probably fell asleep!

But I do remember some fleeting memories of Omar on horseback on the sand dunes. Must try and watch it again someday.

RIP Omar!

Cheers,

RR

One of the greats is gone and they'll be no one to replace him.

Lawrence of Arabia has been one of my favorite movies for years. A more recent movie with Omar which I enjoyed was Hidalgo - he was a true gentleman with real class.