Does BIC...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
...make a pipe lighter? I need a good, easy to use, lighter. My hands are getting bad and my cheap pipe lighters don't last long enough.
My Zippo is hard to use, and my Zikar lighters are too hard to push down the plunger.
I have gone to matches, but I seem to use too many of them. Any suggestions?

Hey Corncobcon, I been thinking about your lighter issue and when I was in "Wallyworld" today I did some searching for any solution to your problem as I understand it. Some time ago, I bought a Ronson pipe lighter there (about $8). It has worked well and I believe the igniter is quite gentle to operate -- but I don't know your pain level.
As for your thought about a Bic, it sounds like you believe that a Bic igniter is a reasonable option. With that in mind, I spotted a "new" Bic model that might help you. I bought one ($2.97 + tax) to try. It worked well with my pipe tonight and was far better than a standard Bic in that it's easier to get flame into the bowl without burning your finger or thumb and not scorching the rim. Hope this helps. Take care, Hal

IMG_20201106_233148021.jpgIMG_20201106_233345297.jpg

I have a Xikar pipe lighter with a flint. The striker is far easier than the classic bic strikers, but it is pricier than the disposable lighters. Other than that I use matches mostly, I do go through a lot as well but they're cheap

I have been buying Scripto brand at walmart. You get 6 or 7 in a pack for around 4 bucks. Work very well and flame is adjustable. One will last me at least a week. Only con is they don"t work too well in a high wind, like today, lol. But don't have to mess with refilling my old boy which is now 20 years old.