Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE:

OK...it's Thursday and I've got the pre-mission jitters. I'm supposed to announce the target tomorrow and there's only half of pilots have checked in. Tell you what...I'm not going to send out any data until we have at least 20 checked in. If you have a BoB buddy you might want to give them a little nudge as a reminder to drop in and let us know if they're flying or not.

Don't worry...we'll fly no matter what...so if you need plenty of time to get prepped, start prepping. It's just that given the nature of this particular mission, I have to kind of know how many we're looking at before the grand announcement. And I'm skittish after the break-in thing. No telling WHAT the heck they got their hands on!

Current Bombers Roster:

1. Mozjo33

2. Cuervo25_1

3. Roogles

4. Rob_In_MO (checked in)

5. s.ireland (checked in)

6. DrT999 (checked in)

7. Taharris (checked in)

8. EC Outlaw (checked in)

9. Dreadgerbil

10. tech2576 (checked in)

11. sam a

12. DustyRoundup

13. Mister E

14. jefe1037

15. kaiser83 (checked in)

16. George Kaplan (checked in)

17. UberHuberMan

18. SPUD 15 (checked in)

19. Dave_In_Philly (chedked in)

20. i. keenum (checked in)

21. Cigar2you

22. Idbowman (chedked in)

23. GrampaGrossbart (Checked in)

24. Gravel (checked in)

25. Fishfuzz (checked in)

26. Zjgilbert (checked in)

27. Blackhorse (Checked in - lol)

As always, if I've missed you (and yes, it happens every month) then just sing out and you'll be added.

Last two have been added. Check my math...15 in and 11 to go. Still waiting for another 5 check-ins prior to disclosure.

Again with the weird stuff around headquarters and my digs here. Housecleaning staff came in and complained about the 'dog hairs' all over my office! They had already thrown the 'evidence' in the incinerator as per SOP, but a close search in my area turned up a few short black and white hairs that might be some they missed. There's nothing that I or any of my staff here can think of that explain this...other than an 'evening visit' by someone we don't know. Again...I'm very concerned with mission security and have alerted those who deal with that here about the findings. Needless to say, they didn't take it all very seriously. Started joking about 'rogue Dalmations' and that we might be under attack from Cruella DeVille. I am not amused.

More as it developes.

AND...those of you slackers out there with nothing better to do than smoke a pipe (wouldn't THAT be nice) get in touch with those still 'outstanding' and tell them to check in!

Blackhorse":fbt6zalk said:
...I'm very concerned with mission security and have alerted those who deal with that here about the findings.
After accidentally predicting the last two targets with my own agenda, you'll be happy to know I've postponed any personal missions until the new target is named. Of course, I only got the last one half right! I never saw it coming at me. At least now I know why you ignored my offer to help you with the targeting PMs. :p

Alert! Special Announcement!

Mission Security has been compromised. Repeat. Mission Security Compromised!

All pilots are ordered to increase the level of security surrounding their aircraft plus any and all mission materials, as they are distributed. It has been verified by BoBCIS that the central records storage as well as the file and records storage in my office suite have been broken into and documents taken or copied. Thus, Mission Security has been compromised!

Be on the lookout for strangers and/or suspicious looking persons around your areas. Report any sightings to the BoBMP office on your base or deal with the situation directly as circumstances dictate. In addition, report anything you think might be 'tampering' or the theft of any mission documents to me directly here at Command.

The posting of additional guards, staggering patrol times and routes, posting a standing guard in your records area are all recommended.

We know at the very least that pilot roster data, mission dates and intended target data have been taken by agents of some agency outside the BoB Bombers circle of security.

Troops are stationed and we are on Yellow Alert, Commander.

stormt10.jpg

Blackhorse":rgs6hwyq said:
Be on the lookout for strangers and/or suspicious looking persons around your areas.
I saw fishfuzz attacking a neighbors car with a kettle bell. He also parked in front of my house. :suspect:

Gravel...I'm not TOO worried about Fuzzy. Isn't that the way he ALWAYS acts? I guess I'm looking at it as some 'inter squad rivalry' thing. But keep an eye on him...ya never know!

And here's the latest roster data:

Current Bombers Roster:

1. Mozjo33 (checked in)
2. Cuervo25_1
3. Roogles (checked in)
4. Rob_In_MO (checked in)
5. s.ireland (checked in)
6. DrT999 (checked in)
7. Taharris (checked in)
8. EC Outlaw (checked in)
9. Dreadgerbil
10. tech2576 (checked in)
11. sam a
12. DustyRoundup
13. Mister E (on approved leave)
14. jefe1037
15. kaiser83 (checked in)
16. George Kaplan (checked in)
17. UberHuberMan (checked in)
18. SPUD 15 (checked in)
19. Dave_In_Philly (chedked in)
20. i. keenum (checked in)
21. Cigar2you
22. Idbowman (chedked in)
23. GrampaGrossbart (Checked in)
24. Gravel (checked in)
25. Fishfuzz (checked in)
26. Zjgilbert (checked in)
27. Brauhausbier (checked in)
28. Blackhorse (Checked in - lol)

That's 20 in...7 unaccounted for...so far.

*sputters* Well sheesh! I thought we were making a new thread for every month! That's what I get for waiting to see a thread called "August Bombing." :p

I'm in, of course!!!

UberHuberMan":x8sg1es9 said:
*sputters* Well sheesh! I thought we were making a new thread for every month! That's what I get for waiting to see a thread called "August Bombing." :p
That's what you get for being logical and thinking things through :D

I'm a new member and I'd like to be in!

If anyone can fill me in on the fine details I'd appreciate it!

I think I've gleaned a good idea of a bombing from reading through this thread last weekend.

Thanks BHB

Sorry for being late gentlemen. Crazy week at work.

I'm in for August.