Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":3m8qr3vz said:
Tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...
Oh . . . right . . . that IS this week, huh? It's all here, I just gotta put it all together!

Bomb's away this Saturday! My only window for my bomb to get into the delivery system.

Grad school has me buried! :arrow:

Are you at least sending it 1st class? Please do NOT send it so that it would hit prior to Friday. That (how many times have I said this?) would alert the target to the attack and spoil the attack for all the other pilots. If you can't put it in the mail on a 'correct' day to have it hit on Friday...maybe someone else could do that for you...if not mail it as soon as possible after Wednesday. It might get there late, but late is better than early in this situation.

If the box hits before Friday I'll be forced to discuss your disturbing lack of team attitude with youe graduate advisor. I'm pretty sure Dr999 knows him.

Thanks BH,

My wife is in Chicago all this weekend and this week on biz. Wish I had another to mail for me. Considering the distance and using the USPS I think my bomb will be close to the target.

I have an unreal schedule in my Doctorate schedule and was forced to make a judgement call on the front lines. Please don't send me up for insubordination :shock:

Blackhorse":d9hl6rxs said:
I missed that it had gone out already...yesterday.

So -

1) Was it sent Priority or 1st Class?

And...

2) I'll need the Delivery Confirmation Number sent to me via PM please.
1) My bomb was too heavy for 1st class so it went Priority.

2) no conformation number. My apologies again.

Ah! This jungle is thick! I'll need a machete. Anyone have one I can borrow?

Package packed and addressed; waiting for the Wednesday flight crew to pick it up for the first stage!

Ordinance loaded. Heavy on incendaries this trip. Waiting on the fuel truck.

DrT999...thank you sir, you are a gentelman and a scholar. No...really!

gravel & Greyson...here you go boys...knock yourself out. The first link is to a site that seems to specialize in machete style blade...mostly domestic.

http://www.baryonyxknife.com/nsearch.html?section=&query=machete+parang&searchsubmit=Search&vwcatalog=yhst-129988217023674

This second site it in Malaysia and they sell both blade blanks (blades without the handle so you can 'do it yourself') and classic/traditional parangs, etc. made 'in country'. I love this site and I'm sure they have the item that gravel needs. The blade styles are suited toeiother chopping down small trees (6" D) and other heavy bushcraft to hacking through heavy leafy cover...as well as chopping though cadres of Zombies bent on making you into a brain sandwich.

On the site below...I'm guessing that delivery is close to 3 weeks...and the shipping cost? It's one of those if you have to ask you don't want to know kind of things. But the traditional spring steel blades which are zone hardened (nice!) go for between $12 and about $50. I'm guessing from the experience I've had ordering Tambolaka from the same region that shipping is close to, if not over $20.

http://outdoordynamics.com.my/main.php?section=product&page=product_index&category_id=14&subcategory_id=196&display_start=0&current_page=1

I've always been partial to the Gurka kukhri. That'll hack through the toughest jungle! Luckily this mission takes me through the swamps. Heading out Wednesday!

I wanted to apologize to the Bombing group for getting my bomb out too early. This was my first run, and will be my last for some time. There are just too many stressors in my life and schedule to fit anything else in right now. I love the idea and apologize for getting in over my head on this. Hope there are no hard feelings. Thanks! BHB

Hmm, maybe the Squadron can find it in their hearts to forgive you this time Brauhausbier... well, most of them :)

I'm sure we can all relate to your circumstances, don't take it too much to heart. I hope you get a few of those stress factors beaten down to size and rejoin us on later missions. The more the merrier!

Blackhorse":1gcjewpc said:
The blade styles are suited toeiother chopping down small trees (6" D) and other heavy bushcraft to hacking through heavy leafy cover...as well as chopping though cadres of Zombies bent on making you into a brain sandwich.
You'd be surprised how unreasonably high zombie defence lies on my priorities. Although I am just about as well equipped as a Englishman can be, it never hurts to have backups!

Wheels in the well will be tuesday evening sir. MIKE

FOCOFF ( FLIGHT OPERATIONS CONTROL OFFICER ) COMM BLACKHORSE

Brauhausbier":krlc54h2 said:
I wanted to apologize to the Bombing group for getting my bomb out too early. This was my first run, and will be my last for some time. There are just too many stressors in my life and schedule to fit anything else in right now. I love the idea and apologize for getting in over my head on this. Hope there are no hard feelings. Thanks! BHB
Pah! There won't be any hard feelings. We are far too laid back for that. And when you see the delivery posts from the intended targets, and how excited they are to see those boxes, you'll feel much better about this tiny snafu.

Fishfuzz":uc4ns4ju said:
Brauhausbier":uc4ns4ju said:
Pah! There won't be any hard feelings. We are far too laid back for that. And when you see the delivery posts from the intended targets, and how excited they are to see those boxes, you'll feel much better about this tiny snafu.
Thanks Fishfuzz! Much appreciated!

Greyson - There is not nearly enough attention paid to the Zombie threat. During WWII the Nazis used 'em I'm pretty sure. Either that or some of those nurses were long past butt ugly. Yeesh!

Anyway...I'm pretty sure we can all acknowledge that the military is aware of the problem and have commissioned some specific weaponry to help our troops deal with it. Ka Bar, having been the trusted darling of the military for knives, etc. for years and years has been chosen as the designer and provider. Here's the division logo of the specific department within Ka Bar that has the contract.

The link will take you to one of my favorite models.

http://www.agrussell.com/ka-bar-zk-pestilence-chopper/p/KA5702/

5700SIGNDetail.png