Dog for a manly man.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
huffelpuff":4uc39uwf said:
Son in law has a Yorkie. Unfortunately he had a bit of an identity crisis. He thinks he's a dachshund, so we call him a Dorkie.
My dog, Shadow, I'm convinced is one of those new "designer breeds", like the cockapoos or labradoodles. She's half beagle and half mutt, called a Butt.

Perfect dog for the south, heat doesn't bother her, can chase rabbits all day, gets along with other dogs, and adds that certain touch of class & charm to my house when she's flopped down on my front porch with a half dozen of her closest K-9 friends.

Natch

I have had pit bulls since I was a kid. Never had a bad one. I have one now along with a spaniel mix, poodle mix, and a chiwennie. The chiwennie weighs 14 pounds and is the ruler of the world. The pit is 4 times his size and exits the area if he gets riled up. By the way they are all rescues. Support your local no kill shelters. I do.

Excellent point Sarge. Too many unwanted pets out there, go want one!

Every dog we've aquired over the last 20 years has been a rescue of some sort. This one, though pedigreed and papered up the wazoo, was a rescue. This one came to us with a broken leg, running around with a big cast on ( clomp clomp clomp). Previous owners bought her, didn't realize what kind of responsibility was involved, dog got hurt, begged us to take her. I didn't want another dog, but how am I going to tell my wife no when someone who just paid $1400 for a little (at the time, 5 months old) Yorkie says "Please, take her, free!"

Simple, you don't say no. Damned dog sleeps next to me in my bed now  :lol: 

Cute pup there. We have 3. All rescues. I have a fully papered lab that is by far my dog. My wife has a southern black mouth curr and my son has a pitbull mix. All are great dogs, but my lab has the rule of the roost. Im a labrador man, as their temperment and mine get along the best.

We have a geriatric yellow lab (14) and a dog of undetermined heritage (3 or so) we got from the shelter. The lab is well behaved and wants to do the right thing even when she can't figure out that that is. The rescue dog is impulsive and has no self control. It makes for an interesting combo.