Don Carlos ever seen one like it?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
Just got done restoring a Don Carlos. Yeah, I know, I forgot to take before pics, oh well.
Anyway, It had some pretty bad scorch marks on the bowl rim I had to sand out, some slightly still there but, hey GE (Good Enough) and the stem was broke off at the tenon and a hole chewed through just below the button on the underside. The stem was drilled and the tenon replaced and the hole filled.
Have you ever seen a Don Carlos like this one? I tried to do some research to see when it was made but, found nothing, not even a pipe similar. This is one I got off a customer so I know it's all original because he bought it new, just doesn't remember when. Not a big deal really but, I was just curious having never seen on this size before. 5 1/4" L x 2 3/4" H x 1 5/8" W with a 13/16" dia. bowl 1 3/4" deep. Small pipe to me
Oh! and on the underside of the stem at the button, that's lint but, you can just make out the fill a bit in the center.

DSC01483.jpg" style="width: 700px;height: 516px

DSC01484.jpg" style="width: 700px;height: 516px

DSC01486.jpg" style="width: 700px;height: 516px

Thank you guy's
I think I might put this in in my rotation in place of a larger one.
Still debating though

A bit more ornate than I usually like, but THAT one WORKS!! I'd smoke it for sure !! Ya done good Cart.  :p :p

Ron that's one of the prettiest pipes I've ever seen. Great job. I'd like to buy one like that. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

AJ

nhewett":q2huvzrf said:
I hate to admit it, but I have Pipe-envy! Wow! :) 
Beautiful Pipe!!!
I could think of much worse things to envy.
Thank you sir

Ron - that is a horrible pipe with major design flaws.  :shock: 

Send it to me immediately.  Do not smoke it.  Do not pass 'Go'.  Do not collect $200.

I would hate to see you go through the misery and distress of smoking a pipe like that. I'll PM you my address.  Remember -  I'm only looking out for your best interests.

8) 

:mrgreen: 

Rob_In_MO":hc3gpx77 said:

Send it to me immediately.  Do not smoke it.  Do not pass 'Go'.  Do not collect $200.

I would hate to see you go through the misery and distress of smoking a pipe like that. I'll PM you my address.  Remember -  I'm only looking out for your best interests.

8) 

Rob, Your a good friend and just showing me how much your ready to put yourself in harms way for me just chokes me............... up. I just can't let you do that for me. I'll take the risk and when I'm done smoking it, to make completely sure it's safe I'll send it to you my friend.
Being I want to make sure your not harmed in anyway it'll probably take me at least 23 or more years to smoke all the impurities out of it.

Oh! and by the way..........I just checked in the mirror and, I don't have STUPID written on my forehead. :suspect: 

Never seen another one quite like that one! It cleaned up really well, congratulations.

Jim

Cartaphilus":bmyrqe77 said:
Rob_In_MO":bmyrqe77 said:

8) 

Rob, Your a good friend and just showing me how much your ready to put yourself in harms way for me just chokes me............... up. I just can't let you do that for me. I'll take the risk and when I'm done smoking it, to make completely sure it's safe I'll send it to you my friend.
Being I want to make sure your not harmed in anyway it'll probably take me at least 23 or more years to smoke all the impurities out of it.

Oh! and by the way..........I just checked in the mirror and, I don't have STUPID written on my forehead. :suspect: 
Me neither! Mine says diputs. I mean really, what does that even mean?

Re: Don Carlos. To me, that really fits Don Carlos. Enjoy it well Cart!

That is the 2nd pipe with adornments I have seen which really is attractive to me, the only other I really like is that Andersen Church Warden you have Ron, ordinarily I find such trappings garish and totally out of place on a pipe but this one 'really' works well, a superb job on the refurb' as always my friend, wow, what a wonderful pipe, you did well there Buddy.

Sorry mate, I know nothing about Don Carlos pipes so can't help there mate.

Thank you Kirk, I seen some pipes with just overly fancy bands on them and thought the same. But your right, as fancy as this one is somehow it pulls it off well.