Don Everly RIP

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

ftrplt

Reaction score
More and more of my childhood heroes are passing on! None better than these two; two voices sounding like one! So long...See you on the flip side!!! Sadly, FTRPLT

D.L.Ruth

Reaction score
I saw them play once, quite a few years ago, they did a show with Simon and Garfunkel in Cleveland, it was amazing

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
I saw them play once, quite a few years ago, they did a show with Simon and Garfunkel in Cleveland, it was amazing
I saw Simon & Garfunkel live in ‘68 or ‘69. Got some random tickets and they turned out to be 4th row center. Wow! Best concert ever. I can’t even imagine seeing all four guys in one show.

GtrSmoker

Reaction score
Well he didn’t outlive Phil by much… you know, I really yearned for Don and Phil getting an opportunity to do a well-done late in life project, at least one, kind of like what Rick Rubin got out of JR Cash.

I can almost hear it… it would have been gorgeous.

I love vocal harmonies, but I believe Don and Phil were just a bit above even the likes of CSN and The Beach Boys. Those guys were definitely in the neighborhood though.

I’ve added a link below to the brothers doing a song together at a family reunion sometime in the late 70s, early 80s. This is as close to that “Rubin-esque” album as I’ll ever get.

Last edited: