• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Don Mock Pipes - Rare, recent discovery will be selling

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlwinson

Reaction score
Hi,

My grandfather was a 1st cousin to Midwest pipe maker Don Mock who lived in Iowa and Minnesota. Don passed away in 1989 but left behind a large amount of pipes, quality briar and lucite stems. When he passed, those all went to my Grandfather who sold some but kept a good deal of it in storage. Until now.

I remember Don when I was little and recently began researching Don's Pipes online, but found VERY little info since he died prior to the creation of the internet. I've been selling his aged briar and mouthpieces on Ebay and will start auctioning the Don Mock handcrafted pipes on Ebay this week. If you are interested, please look me up on Ebay. Username: jlwinson

I figured I would make a post here as many of you are obviously avid collectors and Don Mocks are very hard to find. The majority of them are unsmoked. I will snap some pics and post here as well in the next couple days.

Thanks for your time,

Justin

Hi,
Here are some pics of the Don Mock pipes that I will be posting for sale on eBay starting Christmas Day.
Thanks,
Justin

He is listed in Pipedia also. Very little information there about him, if you'd like to preserve him in history and have anymore info about him it would great.
You can contact them at [email protected]. He owns the site now and is always looking for more info on new and old pipe makers.
Oh! btw here's the link, Mock pipes/ Pipedia

Last edited: