Don Quixote

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
I am wrestling with a problem and turned to the classics for guidance.

Don Quixote is a middle-aged gentleman from the region of La Mancha in central Spain. Obsessed with the chivalrous ideals touted in books he has read, he decides to take up his lance and sword to defend the helpless and destroy the wicked. On his horse, Rocinante, a barn nag well past his prime, Don Quixote rides the roads of Spain in search of glory and grand adventure. He gives up food, shelter, and comfort, all in the name of a peasant woman, Dulcinea del Toboso, whom he envisions as a princess.

Allow me to rephrase this…. Don Quixote is a middle-aged gentleman from the region of La Mancha in central Spain… He gives up food, shelter, and comfort, all in the name of a peasant woman, Dulcinea del Tobacco, whom he envisions as a princess.

How do you know when you are just tilting windmills or found your princess?

While I am no Don Herbert (Mr. Wizard for those who don’t remember or are too young) I try to think like a scientist. Therefore, for me at least Don Quixote might find his Dulcinea if she scored 30 points ( not the perfect ten) - the pipe (0-10), the tobacco (0-10), and the mood or moment (0-10).

While this equation might provide some help, you might just say…Don ( Quixote or Herbert) you just know.

Right now its Tonni Nielson and Maltese Falcon.
Bub

Trying to formulate a theory to explain or justify love is akin to the square peg/round hole analogy. Unless of course you're a confirmed Dunhill/Va flake man who suddenly sings the praises of Grabows and butter pecan burley, in which case your friends may justifiably point out a windmill or two :|