• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Done deal: McClelland 2040 Cyprian Mixture & 2045 Oriental Mixture

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
DoverPipes grabbed this and the parcel has been shipped.

I'm doing some housecleaning and hiding behind a pipe rack (not me, the two containers) I found two containers of McClelland bulk tobacco. The vintage is absolutely indeterminate. Both probably were mixed and refilled with successive orders over the years the blends were available. If you're not familiar with 2040 and 2045, I believe they are quasi or semi aromatics posing as English or Balkan blends. The amount of latakia is scant. When I opened the containers, I was frankly surprised that neither felt particularly dry. I think the McNiels were generous with the tobacco's top dressing. I doubt that anything in the two jars was purchased after 2010, but I have no way of knowing. The quantity of the 2040 is 28 oz., 2045 is 10 oz. I weighed them just before writing this post.
Keep this in mind, when buying bulk, always! You're taking the seller's word that the tobacco is what he says it is. Reputation is all you have to go on.
I learned that lesson the hard way.
Since McClelland ceased production, prices have gone berserk. $10.00 and more per oz. for 5100 Red Cake is normal.
My preference is for one person, who is 100% familiar with these blends, to purchase all 38 oz. I detest packing and shipping and for that reason will not break this up into smaller parcels.
So, here's the deal, all 38 oz., shipped $115.00. Considering the current cost of shipping that's about $3.00 oz. which is probably a fraction of current selling prices.
First person to post to this thread they want this deal gets it. PM for financials and addresses.

Moderator: If I screwed up in this posting, please pull the thread.

Last edited:
Dover Pipes tried to post here but apparently had the same problem re insufficient some er other.

RSteve...you might try to PM him...while we fix this. You might find it to your advantage.

Like a bad rash, I'm back.
Thanks to the moderators who made the corrections. I was persona non grata for a while. It may have been what I ate.