DONE: Synjeco Group Buy: SG FV, RB, St James Plugs, Schürch

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismo270r

Reaction score
Hey all!

I was looking at putting together a group buy on some pipe tobaccos from across the pond.  I'm looking at picking up a few of the SG Plugs from Synjeco and wanted to see if anyone else would want to get in on a buy to split shipping costs.  If you're interested, PM me and I'll get more info sent over your way. Looking to place the order near the end of January or early February to give folks time to recover from the holidays. :)

Here are just a few of the blends available:

Samuel Gawith:

Virginia Plugs (St. James Plug, Kendal Plug, Cannon Plug, Grouse-Moor Plug, Cob Plug, FV Plug, RB Plug)

Scented Virginia Flakes (Special Flake No. 1-5 and 7)

Schürch Blends:

Classic English Mixtures (Scapolite, Sodalit, Onyx, Zaffiro, Snowflake, Mogano, Don Carlos, Tarek Robusto, Amoun, Torina)

Modern English Mixtures (Marcassite, Lapis, Azurite, Unakit

Flavored Mixtures (Almandino, Cornola, Rotonite, Crosite, Rubino, Rubelite, Tuli)

Gawith & Hoggarth:

Natural Virginia Flakes (Bright CR Flake, Brown Flake, Dark Flake, Broken Scotch Cake, Scotch Flake, Louisiana Flake, Best Brown No. 2)

Scented Virginia Flakes (Bobs Flake Choc, Bosun Cut Plug, Coniston Cut Plug, Ennerdale Flake, Glengarry Flake, Kendal Flake, Rum Flake, Broken Flake No. 7, Bobs Square Cut)

i'm in. i'll need to wait until closer to the order date to commit to an amount though

i'm in. i'll need to wait until closer to the order date to commit to an amount though

Ditto

smg913":1d9h85u5 said:

Ditto
What they said--pm me details when we get closer!

nismo - aren't those GHoggarths pretty much available here?

hp
les

lestrout":uupcbswd said:

hp
les
And will we have to pay British taxes plus shipping costs?

I am interested, but concerned about the cost.

Todd

GrampaGrossbart":49qqsaa0 said:
smg913":49qqsaa0 said:

Ditto
Wow Grampa...your avatar is a blast from the past! I had that book when I was in grade school, maybe 5th grade? LOL Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, right?

Oh yeah, and no problem on those wanting to wait until it gets closer to commit to an amount. I wanted to get this out there to give people time to check things out to see what they may want.

lestrout":sdpfwmyr said:

hp
les
Yes, many of the G&H stuff is available here. It's mainly the SG plugs that aren't available here and the Schürch stuff that got my attention.

taharris":no29be5d said:
lestrout":no29be5d said:

hp
les
And will we have to pay British taxes plus shipping costs?

I am interested, but concerned about the cost.

Todd
Synjeco is in Switzerland, so not sure about the taxes, but pricing isn't horrible for stuff that isn't available here.

Schürch is 10CHF / $11.24USD per 50g
SG Plugs are 50CHF / $56.17 per 250g brick (did the math on these and even after expedited shipping it works out to $12 and change per 50g. A little more than SG 50g tins most places, but I've definitely seen tins for more than $12 both online and at B&Ms)

I do wish they had some of the OTCs we can't find here, like Mick McQuaid, Warrior, and Revor though.

nismo270r":a9s8fucr said:
I do wish they had some of the OTCs we can't find here, like Mick McQuaid, Warrior, and Revor though.
There is always James Fox in Dublin or Mr Snuff for many of those

DrT999":0ne1fwhi said:
nismo270r":0ne1fwhi said:
There is always James Fox in Dublin or Mr Snuff for many of those
True true...unfortunately, they're $20 plus shipping for a 50g plug...why can't we all just get along and share tobacco worldwide?!  :scratch:

nismo270r":9otbkg4x said:
GrampaGrossbart":9otbkg4x said:
smg913":9otbkg4x said:

Ditto
Wow Grampa...your avatar is a blast from the past! I had that book when I was in grade school, maybe 5th grade? LOL Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, right?

Oh yeah, and no problem on those wanting to wait until it gets closer to commit to an amount.  I wanted to get this out there to give people time to check things out to see what they may want.
You got it, Brother! I must've been around that age myself when I stumbled on them--that avatar is kinda a shibboleth for folks of a certain temperament, I've found...cream floats to the top!

I'd be in too! I'd need to look as well. How would payment be handled?

Heck just send me all Jeb's stuff and I'll get it to him ;)

mejoshee":vvf5k1of said:
I'd be in too! I'd need to look as well. How would payment be handled?

Heck just send me all Jeb's stuff and I'll get it to him ;)
Since payment to them will have to be a direct wire transfer or international money order, I will collect payment and place the order. I think in total, we may be limited to 5kg for shipping, but I will confirm that with Synjeco.

Are you going to send Jeb's stuff to him before it's ash? :)

Just in case any of you are still planning on doing this, Synjeco has a 10% good until Dec. 31.

JimInks":1e3og82m said:
Just in case any of you are still planning on doing this, Synjeco has a 10% good until Dec. 31.
Yeah, I'd be down with doing this early, too, to hit the sale, but whatever's clever works for me...

Also, it looks like they still have Wellauer Latakia, a pure Syrian Latakia for blending. Syrian Lat is rare and only getting rarer, since it hasn't been produced in nearly a decade and may never be grown again, so anyone want to go in on a roll? They only sell'em in rolls of five tins for what comes out to $90.00 or so...$18.00 USD a tin for pure Syrian sounds groovy to me, but I'd only be good for two of the five...any interest from the brothers and sisters?