DONE: Synjeco Group Buy: SG FV, RB, St James Plugs, Schürch

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dance.gif

Doin' the pee-pee dance!

Cheers,

RR

Dance no longer Brewdude! This is what a box of delicious goodness looks like! :shock: 

synjeco.jpg

It arrived today and I'll be working on getting the info sent out tonight for domestic shipping and the exchange rate difference.  Also, even one 250g plug won't fit into a small flat rate priority box due to the size of the box they come in.  I opened up one of the plugs I ordered to see how it is packaged inside of the box, and it's just in a big ziploc baggie, so I would suggest opening them up and jarring them for long term storage when you get them.  Keep an eye on your emails for the shipping totals tonight!

I'd also like to thank everyone for making this happen and being patient while the details were worked out.   :cheers: Hopefully we can put together another group buy in the future with them!

Tobacco arrived yesterday, but only managed to wrest it from the guardian dragon today! Already jarred and tried!

Got my box yesterday, waiting for tonight to crack it open and waft the aroma of a glorious SG plug! Then promptly jar it away like a pack rat.... :twisted: 

Glad to hear they're arriving! I think everyone else's should be there tomorrow if the USPS estimated delivery dates are correct!

Thanks again to everyone for helping make this group buy happen! Enjoy your new cellar additions! Hopefully we can put together another one in the future!

Thanks for putting this group buy together, Nismo. Your diligence and hard work are sincerely appreciated.

nismo270r":saop3cr0 said:
I opened up one of the plugs I ordered to see how it is packaged inside of the box, and it's just in a big ziploc baggie, so I would suggest opening them up and jarring them for long term storage when you get them.
Ya, you weren't kidding about that! I could smell the plug even in the shrink-wrapped box. Took it out and jarred it up immediately.

Sure smells heavenly though. Can't wait to dig into it.

Thanks again for putting this together Chris!

Cheers,

RR

While I am very much enjoying the RB Plug, I am curious . . . does anyone know what the 'RB' stands for?  :scratch: 

nis - the CARE package, meticulously protecting its precious cargo of SG plugs and Synjeco pouches, is in the house. Thanks for making this happen.

hp
les

I've never been able to figure out what the RB in RB plug stood for.  According to their site, it's FV Plug with the flavoring added:

http://www.samuelgawith.co.uk/default.asp?PageId=3&CatId=4

I do find it interesting that both FV plug and SJ plug aren't listed on their website yet :)

Glad to hear packages are arriving and you all are getting to smoke some of your new goodies! I've been sick the past few days, so I'm not going to smoke anything until I get the enjoyment of tasting it!

Edit: I just shot off an email to them asking what RB stands for :)

nismo270r":wk1zvptl said:
I've never been able to figure out what the RB in RB plug stood for.  According to their site, it's FV Plug with the flavoring added:

http://www.samuelgawith.co.uk/default.asp?PageId=3&CatId=4

I do find it interesting that both FV plug and SJ plug aren't listed on their website yet :)

Glad to hear packages are arriving and you all are getting to smoke some of your new goodies! I've been sick the past few days, so I'm not going to smoke anything until I get the enjoyment of tasting it!

Edit: I just shot off an email to them asking what RB stands for :)
I really wish the older tobacco blenders (like both Gawiths, Germain, etc) talked at least a little bit about the history of their blends. Granted, most probably would care to know something like the fact that Squadron Leader first came out in 1923, but some of us would like to know how long a blend has been around, why it was named a certain way (if they even know, decades, later) etc.

And thanks for sending that email; I was likely to do so tomorrow!

Thanks again, Chris! Got into my stash this weekend--winners all, so far! The SG plugs are great, as expected, as is the Schürch, but the real winner has been the Synjeco ropes--tried all four, the two twists and the two ropes, and man, they are all tasty tasty tasty, and not too strong in the Vitamin N department. Yum!

DrT999":rplb59i5 said:
I really wish the older tobacco blenders (like both Gawiths, Germain, etc) talked at least a little bit about the history of their blends.  Granted, most probably would care to know something like the fact that Squadron Leader first came out in 1923, but some of us would like to know how long a blend has been around, why it was named a certain way (if they even know, decades, later) etc.

Well, I got a reply back within 24 hours from Samuel Gawith! I had another friend asking about if Kendal Plug was in fact Best Brown Flake in plug form, so I asked both questions and here is the reply:

RB is based on our Full Virginia with, yes, a Lakeland flavour. RB was originated many years ago when Ogdens had a flake called RedBreast. Many of our customers come to us as we can produce a bespoke product and in this case smokers were requesting a plug version of RedBreast. Hence the name RB.

Kendal Plug is our Best Brown, produced with no flavour or casing. I don’t know why, but the plug always tastes and smokes differently to flake, perhaps it’s a chemical thing or maybe even a mind thing.

Best regards
Bob Gregory

“May Your Smoke Continue To Rise”

Samuel Gawith & Co Ltd
The Kendal Brown House
Canal Head
Kendal LA9 7BY
Tel: (0044)1539 720117
Fax (0044)1539 734327
www.samuelgawith.co.uk
[email protected]

GrampaGrossbart":moeuznfi said:
Thanks again, Chris! Got into my stash this weekend--winners all, so far! The SG plugs are great, as expected, as is the Schürch, but the real winner has been the Synjeco ropes--tried all four, the two twists and the two ropes, and man, they are all tasty tasty tasty, and not too strong in the Vitamin N department. Yum!
Anytime Grampa! I was really close to ordering some of those ropes too! I'll definitely have to pick some up on the next group buy!

nismo270r":q2d9ss1g said:
DrT999":q2d9ss1g said:
I really wish the older tobacco blenders (like both Gawiths, Germain, etc) talked at least a little bit about the history of their blends.  Granted, most probably would care to know something like the fact that Squadron Leader first came out in 1923, but some of us would like to know how long a blend has been around, why it was named a certain way (if they even know, decades, later) etc.

Well, I got a reply back within 24 hours from Samuel Gawith! I had another friend asking about if Kendal Plug was in fact Best Brown Flake in plug form, so I asked both questions and here is the reply:

RB is based on our Full Virginia with, yes, a Lakeland flavour. RB was originated many years ago when Ogdens had a flake called RedBreast. Many of our customers come to us as we can produce a bespoke product and in this case smokers were requesting a plug version of RedBreast. Hence the name RB.

Kendal Plug is our Best Brown, produced with no flavour or casing. I don’t know why, but the plug always tastes and smokes differently to flake, perhaps it’s a chemical thing or maybe even a mind thing.

Best regards
Bob Gregory

Samuel Gawith & Co Ltd
The Kendal Brown House
Canal Head
Kendal LA9 7BY
Fax (0044)1539 734327
www.samuelgawith.co.uk
[email protected]
Good to know! and thanks for inquiring for us!

nismo270r":ejmzy4v2 said:
DrT999":ejmzy4v2 said:

Best regards
Bob Gregory

Samuel Gawith & Co Ltd
The Kendal Brown House
Canal Head
Kendal LA9 7BY
Fax (0044)1539 734327
www.samuelgawith.co.uk
[email protected]
Good to know that about RB. Being that it has a Lakeland flavour I'll steer clear of it.

OTOH, the Kendal Plug sounds right in my wheelhouse.

Thanks for posting this Chris.

:) 

Cheers,

RR