DONE: Synjeco Group Buy: SG FV, RB, St James Plugs, Schürch

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nismo270r":d5gysgz7 said:
Update! Received word back regarding our order. They were able to give us 10% off on the SG plugs, so they ended up being 45CHF per 250g brick. The insured shipping is going to be 107CHF which works out to 0.23CHF per gram (about $0.26USD per gram).  I'll split up the international shipping based on grams ordered, as this is the most fair way I can see to do it.
Sure it'll come out in the wash, but I think this shipping calculation is off by a zero, maybe? As in, wouldn't shipping be 0.023CHF/$0.026 per gram? Otherwise I think the total would be way higher...but I'm pretty bad with math, so maybe not! Like I said, I'm sure it'll work itself out, but yeah, at a glance that seemed slightly off...

What plugs are on the order list so far? If it's not too late I might join in or piggyback on whatever les orders and get it from him at our next club meeting.

GrampaGrossbart":15ea7gzq said:
nismo270r":15ea7gzq said:
Update! Received word back regarding our order. They were able to give us 10% off on the SG plugs, so they ended up being 45CHF per 250g brick. The insured shipping is going to be 107CHF which works out to 0.23CHF per gram (about $0.26USD per gram).  I'll split up the international shipping based on grams ordered, as this is the most fair way I can see to do it.
Sure it'll come out in the wash, but I think this shipping calculation is off by a zero, maybe? As in, wouldn't shipping be 0.023CHF/$0.026 per gram? Otherwise I think the total would be way higher...but I'm pretty bad with math, so maybe not! Like I said, I'm sure it'll work itself out, but yeah, at a glance that seemed slightly off...
You got it Grampa, lol. I fat fingered it when typing it out the first time! It is 0.023CHF / $0.026 per gram for shipping :p

7ach":l0mv4lvf said:
What plugs are on the order list so far? If it's not too late I might join in or piggyback on whatever les orders and get it from him at our next club meeting.
So far we have Full Virginia plug, St. James plug, and RB plug. Basically, there is a 10% discount if you order 500g or more of one blend, and each of these we have at least that. I haven't heard back from Les yet, but let me know if you talk with him to see if he wants in still. If he doesn't and you still want to order something, let me know ASAP. We have room for about 300-350g more before hitting the higher shipping costs. Thanks!

PMs with totals will be going out shortly. Just wanted to let you all know, for the domestic shipping, I'm going to wait until everything gets here first so I can give you the most accurate shipping cost. Depending on the size of the 250g plugs, if I can get two into a small flat rate priority box, it should save on cost, but I won't know until it gets here. I'll put in the estimated domestic shipping cost into the PMs tonight just using the weight as an estimate.

Yo nis

Glad to see this project is working out. I do have Amex, but have never used it (or any credit card) for such a complicated transaction. If my using Amex for you would help out, such as reducing handling fees for the group, let me know.

BTW, I was searching my EMail (under this same SN with AOL) for what I dimly recall was your EMail to me a few weeks ago, but couldn't find either it or the reply I thought I sent. Could you send me a fresh EM so we can pick up the conversation? I still haven't cleaned out my PMs here and I'm kinda maxed out.

hp
les

lestrout":adr579ns said:
Yo nis

Glad to see this project is working out.  I do have Amex, but have never used it (or any credit card) for such a complicated transaction.  If my using Amex for you would help out, such as reducing handling fees for the group, let me know.

BTW, I was searching my EMail (under this same SN with AOL) for what I dimly recall was your EMail to me a few weeks ago, but couldn't find either it or the reply I thought I sent.  Could you send me a fresh EM so we can pick up the conversation?  I still haven't cleaned out my PMs here and I'm kinda maxed out.

hp
les
Email sent brother!

Payment received from 4, checks in the mail from 2, waiting on 1, and waiting to see if Les is going to get in on the deal!

Hiya Chris,

Any updates for us? Thanks again for handling everything!

Heya Gramps! Indeed, I have a great update! I received the last payment today and I'm currently waiting on the funds to be transferred to my bank account to send the wire transfer. I have the bank info from Synjeco, so as soon as the PP to bank transfer goes through payment will be in the way to Synjeco! I'll be out of town tomorrow for a meeting, but the PP transfer said an estimated 3-7 business days for the transfer to go through, so it will be next week at the earliest. I'll post up again after the wire transfer is sent to Synjeco, thanks!

Great news and not so great news....Great news is the wire transfer is in progress and on the way over to Synjeco!

Not so great news is the exchange rate was slightly higher than what I originally calculated. The rate I calculated at before was 1.1143, and the actual exchange rate when the wire was processed is 1.1881

This doesn't seem like a whole lot, but looking at the total order of 1,034.50 CHF it added up quick. 1,034.50 CHF converted at the old rate to $1,152.74 and at the new rate to $1,269.10 USD ending up with a $116.36 difference.

I covered this increase up front so the wire could get on it's way to Synjeco and our order could get on it's way to us. Once the order arrives and I send out the PP requests for domestic shipping, I will add on the difference from the original payment you sent to that request.

If you want to know what your difference will be, check in the message I sent you with your total. Look at the subtotal amount in CHF, for example:

Subtotal: 101.50CHF = $113.10

Take the CHF amount and multiply it by 1.1881: 101.50*1.1881 = $120.59
So the difference here would be: $120.59 - $113.10 = $7.49

The bank said the funds would be available to the recipient no later than 2/23/14, but they will most likely be available to them much sooner. They have to provide a "guaranteed by" date per their policy. I emailed Daniel to let him know it was on the way and to contact me once he receives notice it has cleared. I'll keep you all posted as new info comes along, thanks!

Great news! Just received word from Daniel at Synjeco this morning that the payment was received and that the order was shipped out today!  :cheers:  Well, technically last night our time, lol. I'll post up when it arrives!