Don't Laminate!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
On the local news today, a state health official recommended not laminating your CV19 shot record. She said that it's very likely booster shots will be necessary and they'll be impossible to record on a laminated shot record. I already laminated mine. I laminated it because it was fairly thin and getting beat up in my wallet.

I just took a picture of mine and put my card in the desk with my other vital records. :geek:

I saw or heard that somewhere and I was about to laminate mine. I made the mistake way back when I laminated my SS card, and in AZ they won't accept a laminated card as valid when applying for a drivers license!

No Cheers,

RR

Ours are laminated!! The paper they are "They" can issue a new one if boosters are needed. We don't get a "card" for shingles, pneumonia, or flu; it's just entered into our medical records! If the SOB's want us to have/carry a "shot record (ala the military)," then issue the damn things! BTW...I washed my original SS card in a pair of jeans 6 decades ago!!! Never had/got a new one!!! FTRPLT

I do understand the need for cards certifying vaccination. I have friends with parents in their 90s in nursing homes. One of the nursing homes has had over 100 Covid deaths, but it's now reasonably under control. The nursing home is allowing limited family visits, but for the protection of the residents and staff, all visitors must show a CV19 shot record. The option, of course, is for the family to remove the resident from the care facility.

Yesterday marked my two week past 2nd Pfizer point. So I am officially cool. Within sane limits. Didn’t plan on laminating my shot record though...I was gonna have it gold plated!

I just bought (Etsy) a pack of (50) 3" X 4" vinyl protective sleeves -for the vaccine cards- for less than $14.00. The vaccine card(s) easily slips in and out of the protective sleeve -in case booster shots are required/necessary.

I bought the extra sleeves for family, friends, neighbors...... etc.

I must be one of the fortunate few. I laminated my card in the early 70's and have had no isuues. I did have issues once with an FAA Inspector who tried to tell me my original A&P license was a phony because it was paper and he didn't recognize the Administrator signature. I received my original January 2nd of 1976. He wanted to take my license. Luckily I was on a trip when George Bush Senior was running against Ronald Reagan (Bush leased our airplane to fly him around) in the primaries (1981?). We had 24/7 Secret Service coverage and the Agent assigned to our flight crew told the guy to get lost. He threatened to ground plane and pull everybody's license. The guy made a bunch of calls to his bosses and backed off. Never saw him again. The Secret Service guys thought it was pretty funny.