Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"First, do no harm." The first thing a nurse is supposed to do is secure a patient who could fall out of bed or off a guerney. This protects the patient from further injury and protects the hosp from liability. Patients and visitors may not like it, but they'd like the possible alternative a lot less.

Staple sutures. In the head. :( Poor guy. Get him grabbin' nurse ass soon, for sure.

8)

The whole ordeal is an emotional roller coaster...
morning report yesterday: he was out of bed for a short walk..
last night he was back to unable to speak and couldn't move his right side.
This morning he asked for a candy bar, opened it and ate it by himself. This evening, seizures.

Minor setbacks to be expected probably with major surgery like that.

The fact he has periods of normal function is encouraging.

Right. Baseline I'm just glad he's still with us.
I think I'm starting to see.patterns on it though.

Couldn't really say then Kyle...

Mom just told me that rehab is refusing him.. The Doctors want him in a nursing home, Mom said no.. Shes going to take him home for as long as she's capable.

Not around often so just saw this. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinkin of ya bud and wishing you the best.

There's your bunch of crap. :D

PB, we have pretty thick skins here. You never know what folks are going through, so it's wise not to jump to any conclusions. It's sometimes better to lash out on a forum, versus your family, you have to release somehow. I hope your situation improves on both fronts, what a week. Keep us posted.

It's none of my business but if you'd care to give an update on the old gentlemans condition/recovery I'd like to know, and I'm sure others would too.

Apparently he's more vegetable than conscience. He still thinks everyone is Marsha when he is able to speak. Mom confessed that her COPD is preventing her from proper care and he is very short term in a facility.. I don't know what kind of facility because she is not sharing information very well. I do know in 20 days it starts costing 3600 per month out of pocket. Moms faced with some very difficult decisions.

On the bright side the Mrs said her biopsy came back and she isn't cancerous.