Double Down Lumps

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Ordered a 15 lb bag of Royal Oak lump charcoal from the Big A about two weeks ago…delivery was out there a bit. Then it just showed up. OK. Whatever. But the Big A tracking thing on the order showed it as still in transit. Subsequent checks showed the same status over a number of days. Then I got an Out for Delivery notice this morning…HUH? I put up the invoice detail and it now shows July 13 as the order date and the 15th as the ship date. A search of order history correctly shows this as the only Royal Oak order. WTF? Fed Ex scores again!

I’m thinking it was transferred to Fed Ex for shipping and was shipped and delivered but the delivery was never recorded. Then…since it was still due they reshipped it and changed the order and shipping dates on the invoice to match. If I do get another bag of charcoal it will be yet another example of why selecting Fed Ex has always been my last choice. Idiots!

But 2 fer 1 on premium lump charcoal is nice.

Hey BH,
Not sure if this was the case, but the Big A has a "subscribe and save" feature whereby your item continues to be delivered to you at regular intervals. I have a 40lb bag of dog chow that is scheduled to be sent to me every 6 weeks. As a result of the subscription I save a few bucks with each delivery. This may not have been your situation, but it could be. Sometimes the item defaults to this option prior to being added to your cart. It is always good to double check and make sure that you have the "One time purchase" box checked.
Beagle