Down Time

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Well, it has been a busy few days. Tossed in having a grandson (4 years of age) for the last week. He brought Grandpa a wonderful new imported cold/flu/ IDFK whatnot to share.

Lovely child. I must live long enough to embarrass him as an adult. (Little messy diseased carrier of spiders, snails, and puppy dog tails.........)

Today, all is quiet. His biological weapon deployed, he left yesterday. I had planned on dressing out a dozen rabbits after he left. That 'ain't happenin'...........

I can feel every llama stomp, rock and root I landed on. Breathing sucks, and I am as stiff as King Tut. My hair hurts. Every time I breathe, I cough, causing the broken rib to feel like getting shot with an obsidian spear.

waaaaah.

I'm going back to Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea marathon. Every time I see an actor I recognize from Perry Mason or Star Trek I take a drink of "cough medicine". I was doing that every time I saw some actor that was dead now, but I was getting carried away. smirk....;)

Thanks for reading.

Well that doesn't sound too good there Ozzie. Hope you can throw this off soon and get back to felling good again. In the meantime keep taking a good dose of Granny's rheumatism medicine!

Cheers,

RR

We don't know one another well Ozzie. But​, I wish you well and a speedy recovery back to full health Sir.
Frank

Thanks guys. I was told to pace myself by one of the neighbors riding by today. Perhaps so.... Bunny harvest tomorrow. It's already been a few days since I worked out, I'm afraid I'm going to get soft just resting about!

Ozark Wizard":p3lgfw15 said:
Thanks guys. I was told to pace myself by one of the neighbors riding by today. Perhaps so.... Bunny harvest tomorrow. It's already been a few days since I worked out, I'm afraid I'm going to get soft just resting about!
Rest is as important to the body as any exercise or workout routine. You'll be back in action soon.

Rest up and be well.

Frank

Aren't kids great?! You could also add worms, scabies, and head lice to the list :shock: Yup, recon it's time for a bit of R and R there Wiz. Well deserved by the sounds of things :D

Well, I have been taking it pretty easy lately. Got water services and drains run for the clothes washer and a shower in the craft room/mud room entry yesterday. Today ran electrical supplies and upgraded the panel. Released the new chicks into the population of other chickens so I could disassemble their pen and tuck it away for next year. Ordered more acrylic for making stems, did some walking and smoking. Rehydrating. Too tired to cook though, so it will have to be a grilled tuna and cheese sandwiches night. Maybe I'll make a bit of soup with them.

Oh Schnitzel! I was going to dig up those potatoes today!

Gotta go! :roll:

Fortunately there was no heavy lifting, and it helps to move the days along keeping busy. Sit and hurt or move and hurt. At least things get done when I stay moving. Plus it helps get the circulation going so the body can heal faster. Otherwise I'd end up reading and smoking the day away, getting stiff. I try to save those times for inclement weather.

Thanks regarding the avatar. Hard to see the pipe the guy is holding, but I'm sure it's a cob or some such thing. Looks like a good spot to sit and watch the sunset though!

Ozark Wizard":3qqkcj9w said:
Fortunately there was no heavy lifting, and it helps to move the days along keeping busy. Sit and hurt or move and hurt. At least things get done when I stay moving. Plus it helps get the circulation going so the body can heal faster. Otherwise I'd end up reading and smoking the day away, getting stiff. I try to save those times for inclement weather.

Thanks regarding the avatar. Hard to see the pipe the guy is holding, but I'm sure it's a cob or some such thing. Looks like a good spot to sit and watch the sunset though!
So, where were you sitting? Looks somewhat like the front seat of a buckboard wagon or some such. In any case it looks idyllic!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Split-rail fence... I know the one corner board looks like a brake handle, right?!

You have my sympathy Wiz, got waylaid by the flu this weekend too. Still managed to get most of my unpacking and cleaning done though. Rest up and get better mate. 

Cheers 

Tim