drink of choice while smoking

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmarcum

Reaction score
Being the good Kentucky boy that I am, i really prefer to drink bourbon while smoking. However I think it may be time that I find a new non-booze option...so what is your drink of choice?

Dark beer, a good porter from any brewery goes well with most any tobacco for me.

Non-Booze? Coffee for the most part, occasional cup of tea

Now that summer has finally arrived in South-Western B.C. (not that you would know it from todays 13c and rainy), I'm discovering the joys of lemonaide and VaPers in the sunshine.
Coffee and/or tea also gets a vote from me.

The way this product feels in my mouth very much cleanses my palate of pipe smoke and makes me ready for the next puff, perhaps it is the sodium content. I think as a general rule, sweet sugary stuff should be avoided.

On the booze side of things, I enjoy gin or a bitter-style or IPA beer with English mixtures and hefeweizens or saisons with Virginias. A bottle of amontillado never disagreed either.

On the non-alcoholic side, coffee and tea are surefire choices, but I find ginger beer or tonic water to be refreshing as well.

Coffee or unsweetened iced tea , mineral water , or seltzer water

I'm part of the no drinking while smoking group, not even water. However, I'll almost always drain a glass of something--usually water--after I finish a bowl.

This is a very interesting topic, I think a lot depends on what blend you are puffing. I like a nice scotch on the rocks as a good "go to" drink with a pipe.

I think its fun to experiment with this and see what pairs well with the other...its heaven once you discover a perfect combo.

jacko":teyd827o said:
Port or coffee. Nothing with milk.
Does the milk drown out the taste of the tobacco for you?

I sometimes enjoy an iced vanilla coffee with my evening bowl.

At the moment a cup of joe and carter hall.

also decaf iced-tea, bowl of semi melted ice-cream or liquors of the clear variety.

Boulder":7v4lwed3 said:
At the moment a cup of joe and carter hall.

also decaf iced-tea, bowl of semi melted ice-cream or liquors of the clear variety.
Carter Hall? You're speaking my language!!

Well it's no Johney Walker Blue but it's a nice dram for the money if you now what I'm saying....Lol

More often then not its just a glass of water for me. Weekend mornings I'll usually smoke some burley with my morning coffee. When I do drink something more adult oriented in the evening I do find the sweetness of bourbon goes well with Virginias and peaty scotches go well with heavier lat blends. Lagers and stouts seem to go well with everything but I find IPAs tend to be a little overpowering for most blends.

Your taste buds are very similar to mine Dave, I love pairing different drinks with my pipes