drink of choice while smoking

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It completely depends on what I am smoking...for something sweet like aged or mature Virginias I prefer hot tea, normally Russian Kusmi Prince Vladamir with a bit of fir tree honey. For English blends both new and aged I prefer scotch with a single ice cube (Lagavulin 16) or Lapsang Souchong hot tea, no honey.

Snapple Iced Tea is what I always drink during pipe smoking. I just can't smoke and not drink something, I find my mouth is way to dry.

I must say though I love Single Malt Scotch. Ardbeg 10 is probably the smokiest I'v ever had, Bunnahabhain is more up my alley. Any Islay scotch seems to marry well with Lat blends. But most of the time, any whiskey will do just fine.

Peace-Jazzman :cheers:

If there's anything out there that I like as much (or more) than smoking pipes, It's a good cup of coffee. I find hot or iced (depending on the season) coffee pretty much goes with any blend. Also a room temp bottle of water does quite nice for me.

Erik

Black coffee,or iced tea,usually.If the wife goes to bed early,a little Jamesons neat.

I too favor the Islay style of Scotch if I am going heavy with the pipe. One fellow mentioned Ardbeg, that happens to be my favorite whisky. As for beer, I enjoy the IPAs with a pipe, but not afraid of a belgia doppel or anything like that either. Avery's The Reverend springs to mind. Good stuff.

A good dark beer, or Laphroig (mmmmmmm, tasty) if I am smoking english.

Amaretto on the rocks matches up nicely with some aromatics.

A mocha is a good choice for coffee and a smoke...

And, I would highly recommend some Lapsang Souchong tea with milk.

I usually go for iced tea,water,coffe, and i tried coke once with it and it was way to sweet for the tobacco. it kinda dulled my taste buds

You guys gotta try Carter Hall with Twining's Irish Breakfast Tea. I add milk and sugar to taste and just a dash of Jameson for effect, cures tongue bite and pairs very nice IMHO.

For non-alcoholic drinks I like our good old well water or powdered Gatorade mix (Frost Glazier Freeze flavor). I don't like soda at all, the fizziness just doesn't work for me. For alcoholic drinks, I like beer, like our own Boulevard non-filtered wheat beer brewed here in KC, MO. I used to like micro-brewery beer with my smokes but virtually all those have adopted no smoking policies thanks to the nannies. Very, very occasionally I will have a shot of single malt Scotch.

Smokey