Drink Recipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Baileys Bannana Colada: aka BBC

1 banana
White Rum
Baileys Irish Cream
Banana Liquer
Pina Colada mix
Ice

Mix banana and banana liquer into a paste (an oz or less liquer)
Add 1oz baileys,1oz rum, 4-6oz PC mix and ice. Blend.

Serve in large Brandy snifter, garnish with Pineapple or Bannana.

Taste very much like a bannana milkshake, Warning:will make you flirt with ugly people before you pass out

Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye, Wild Turkey 101, Jim Beam Rye or Dickle Cascade Hollow Sour Mash.

1. Fill 1.5 oz. shot glass with any of the above preferred whiskies and quickly pour into the mouth. Let go down quickly or swish it around to savor.

2. Pour the same above mentioned preferred whiskies into to a mason jar and sip slowly until satisfied.

Strip and Go Naked Punch.(yep thats the name)

3 ingredients....mixed in large bowl

equal parts...

12 0z can of frozen lemonade(any brand)
12 oz can of beer(again your favorite brand)
12 oz of whiskey(your fav)

repeat the above until you have the desired quantity...

add ice....drink until your neighbors are good looking....

This is the best summer party drink and let me tell you it tastes great!

probably not as good as that banana colada but one I enjoyed for a mild drink [depending on the amount of vodka...] was a monkey's lunch...basically a white russian with an ounce of banana liqueur

Dead Hitler
Can be mixed either in a shaker or just in an old fashioned glass
1/3 rumplemints
1/3 Jägermeister
1/3 Goldschläger
Tastes like a candy cane and can be sneaky, also very sweet and can be the cause of a nasty hangover.

velvet hammer

equal parts of champagne and Guinness Stout. Now I know what you're thinking, the Guinness would totally overpower the champagne in taste, that's what I was sure would happen. But aahhh, try it, it turns into an easy to swill punch that goes down too easy on a hot day.

Natch

bolson":443baogp said:

equal parts...

What if your neighbors start out good looking?? :cheers:

Here's a recipe for a drink I particularly find appealilng. It's easy to put together and tasty as can be....

I like to call this simply.... "Beer"

1. Open refrigerator
2. Take out bottle(or can) of beer
3. Open
4. Drink

No work involved!

I believe the mixture of Guiness Stout and champagne was drunk by officers
in the British Navy during WW2,they called it "Black Velvet".Useless trivia from
a WW2 buff. :lol: :lol:

Not useless at all, Winslow, as I for one am very interested in the history and evolution of all of our cultural trappings, and I think one of the best avenues to study culture is through their foods and drinks. It helps me understand where I came from, and how it's all connected.

Natch

Simple but perfect (though not a "perfect martini," per se, which is a different drink altogether):

Martini

chill shaker and martini glass
pour 2.5 oz Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray Ten gin into shaker over several ice cubes
add 0.5 oz dry vermouth to shaker
shake VIGOROUSLY
strain drink from ice into cold martini glass
garnish with 3 green olives on a tooth pick

enjoy bliss

And let's be clear:

- I will permit your choice of gin
- I will permit substitution of a lemon twist for the olives, or 5 olives instead of 3
- You can make bigger batches - they key is 5:1 ratio of gin to vermouth (any drier and why not just take chilled gin shots?)
- A "vodka martini" is actually a "kangaroo"
- Anything else served in a martini glass is a "cocktail" and NOT a martini, X-tini, or whatever

-Andrew

There's no place in alchoholism for snobbery!!!

You drink your Dry Martini I'll drink my Blueberry Martini. We will both be drunk and happy.

A great summer time drink I first discovered at Conchy Joe's Seafood at Jensen Beach, FL is called a Hemingway Daiquiri. A tin cup filled with cracked ice, 2 oz. of Meyer's Rum and filled with fresh grapefruit juice and topped with a squeeze of lime juice.

Andrew,

I agree with your post almost 100%. Convention notwithstanding. A martini is with gin. Nothing snobbish about it, really.

Although, recently I've taken to rinsing anchovies and stuffing them into queen olives. Both gins you post are excellent. I sometime prefer regular Bombay. Tanqueray is my favorite, though.

Cheers,

TC

Off to make me a martini!

Tom Clemons":9c21uo09 said:
Although, recently I've taken to rinsing anchovies and stuffing them into queen olives. Both gins you post are excellent. I sometime prefer regular Bombay. Tanqueray is my favorite, though.
I'd say stuffing the olive is a valid option (though anchovies are among my least favorite foods... to each his own).

I like regular Bombay as well as Tanqueray (in facy, I prefer regular Tanqueray for a gin and tonic).

As far as blueberry martinis are concerned puros_bran... well, let's just say I admire you for having the guts to admit you drink those :)

-Andrew

I'm the 'get together' bartender, I drink all kinda fufu drinks when trying to work up recipes. :D

When its just me and like minded individuals, 4 parts Coke to 1 part Silver rum on the rocks,no lime.

Blueberry Martinis:
(In deferance to board members a name of a cocktail Not an actual Martini)

2oz Smirnoff/Stoli Blueberry Vodka
1oz Blue curaco
1oz lemon/lime soda
6-8 blueberrys
Ice.

Add all ingrediants into shaker, rock it til your hands get cold,strain into chilled Martini glass.

puros_bran":jkyq7lrq said:
Blueberry Martinis:
(In deferance to board members a name of a cocktail Not an actual Martini)
Thank you! :)

-Andrew

bolson":3u9qu95f said:

equal parts...

Made this for a party my neighbors and I had over the weekend. It was enjoyed by all and sundry....at least the ones that were still clothed and lucid said so.