Drippings

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I just tossed together the remains of several tobaccos, which included everything from Vanilla Cavendish to Black Dawg and everything imaginable in between. Mostly tinned blends. The good news is that it actually turned out to be a great smoke. Not just ok, but truly great. A blend of probably 15 different tobaccos. The bad news is that I'll never be able to re-create it and when it's gone, it's gone. It yielded about 4-5 ounces.

Anyone else try doing this with any success?

I was messing around one time and threw together some Solani Siver Flake, Aged Burley Flake and some Tavern Tobacco Laurel Flake. Rubbed them all out and threw them in a jar for a month or so. When I smoked that it was just amazing but it was only enough for like 4 bowls. Now I'd be scared to ruin any of those great blends in a failed attempt to recreate it. :lol:

I'm constantly putting odds and ends together to age and seeing what happens. Sometimes it works, and sometimes, well, let's just say there's a good reason you don't see Natch's Golden Flake on the market today! My "standards" are usually adding a little Old Gawire to just about any blend, or a Va with perique to just about any blend that doesn't have perique in it. You can never have too much Va in your pipe.

Natch

I have a Latakia dump jar-that accepts VA/VAPERs as well.Can't say the mix is overwhelmingly good,but when I smoke it,it's always interesting!
Tony

I've heard this recipe called "hodge-podge." In my experience it meets with success now and then, but, as you mention, is limited. This is not always a bad thing, hehehee.

Think of it as a fine, rare wine when that happens and enjoy it while you have it.

showme

I think C&D used to offer what they called their Hoover Mix that consisted of the remains of several different tobaccos off the blending table. I haven't seen it listed lately, however. I believe Just For Him also used to do the same thing.

Smokey

Unfortunately the last time that I tried mine didn't turn out as good as yours Gampa.

If CP ever offers you his brand "Hodge Podge", spare yourself the misery and just say no!