Drucquer & Sons - Trafalgar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Crikey! (I always wanted to use that word.) Amazing how fast I got to the bottom of that 8oz tin. :shock:

Tobacco reviews really says it all. A lot of comparisons to other blends. And they are all right. Has the portions correct in the blend to be the standard by which all others may be judged. For me, this could be Dunhill Standard Mixture and I would not know the difference. The perfect English blend. It is not the Mild. More the Medium. Perhaps closer to the elusive Full, which I have never been able to put my hands on.

Thanks Greg!

Carlos,
Thanks for the op-ed. I really took notice of your comparison to two of my all-time favs, DH Standard Medium and DH Standard Full. I'll probably never try the Trafalgar as at age 73 I have more than enough pipe tobacco to last me and my heirs!! I do have a whole slew of DH Standard Medium tins; all from way back when. I even have one Mild!! I must pop one in the near future!! As for the Full Mixture, I haven't seen an available tin anywhere in years. Believe me, I've searched!! The Full Mixture and BS 759 were always with me in the old days. I can remember buying and smoking my last tin/s, never dreaming they would literally go up in smoke as I puffed away!!! Never could find a good explanation as to why DH quit making the Full, other than an ingredients issue perhaps! :cheers: FTRPLT