DST ends with mixed feelings

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I do enjoy the longer days with daylight because as the sun goes down, I can feel myself getting very sleepy. Now, by about 5:30 in the afternoon, I'll be ready for my crazy quilt and bed. On the other hand, I do enjoy rising in the morning to sunlight. It will take a couple of weeks for my body to adapt to the change...maybe.

I've never been one to complain about DST or the change back to CST. It does take several days/weeks to fully adjust, but it all works out. It is always a bit of a shock on the evening side, going home in the darkness after work.

The clocks have just gone back for us too. After a pretty good summer that was generally bright and warm without too many longer periods of rain, I found myself a few days ago looking out the window and into the darkness at 1730hrs and wondering, 'how did that happen?'. It's certainly caught me out this year.

Used to kind of like it when I was working. As Brewdude said we don't do DST in AZ and now that I am retired doesn't make any difference except I wind up doing my after dinner smoke in the dark due to short days, lol.

Doesn't affect me, but I'm also a night person. When I worked the 2nd or 3rd shift, it was ideal for me. I could sleep the daylight away.

I much prefer later sunsets, however I adapt to time change as soon as it happens. No jet lag either, and I (pre Covid) travel between the US and India twice a year, and where ever I'd land, that's the time in my inner chronometer.